Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I use the app Password Padlock for all my passwords etc... I just found out that the app was released for WinRT and W8, I downloaded and it works super well. I was curious to ask how secure is this app? It uses 256-AES Encryption which I've heard is kind of impossible to crack.
    06-02-2013 09:08 PM
    Sounds like undue worry to me. App has over 350 reviews and ranks 4 out of 5 stars and the one that 1 starred it though the PC should be easier. Not sure what that means but that is an issue is more of a user than the app itself. Personally, I think you are in good hands.
    06-02-2013 09:26 PM
    Tweet @gcaughey and ask her your questions - she wrote it.
    06-03-2013 06:35 AM
    Believe me, I have a lot of info to keep secret and safe.
    They just mentioned encription.... Just curious to know wether it keeps the data entered into the app encrypted or the master password ? in case of data is encrypted, is there any way I can validate ?

Or, Can you please suggest if there is any other app that keeps everything encrypted(I prefer Microsoft apps over third party app). I won't mind to pay for.

I just want my data to be safe and if required I will go with developing my own :)
    08-05-2013 01:53 AM
    Did you ask Ginny as I suggested? She wrote it. She'll answer your questions with the most accurate answers.
    08-05-2013 09:19 AM
    I use Lastpass. It costs $12/yr to use it on my phone, but it syncs to any computer, and I have read the information and believe it to be secure.
    08-05-2013 09:24 AM
    "Believe me, I have a lot of info to keep secret and safe"

Is anything on a phone or computer ever really secret & safe?

sn/Scarlett Johansson
    hopmedic likes this.
    08-05-2013 09:30 AM
    I would like to point out no matter how crappy the app is, if its stored internal on the phone (not on the expansion card), and you have your phone bitlocker encrypted it'll be secure anyways assuming you have a password on your phone. The app says it encrypts the data files so it should be doubly protected. Encrypted by the application, and further the entire internal storage of your phone is encrypted. If you sync it up with onedrive, its https which means its encrypted in transit, I don't know how secure onedrive is but i would be suprised if microsoft didn't have onedrive bitlocker encrypted in the cloud. Anyways it sounds like your overly worried.
    09-29-2014 10:56 AM
    I use it and like it, very much. It keeps my phone, Surface and desktop all in synch. The file is backed up on OneDrive. I looked at the file. The headers are readable, but the data is encrypted.
    09-29-2014 08:49 PM