WP8 e-mails not interpreted correctly by Gmail, others?

error-

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using WP for almost two years now and there is a very annoying issue that I have had since day one: If I reply or forward an email from my phone, the quoted part of the email is not correctly displayed on many common mail clients, most notably Gmail.

It looks like WP8 adds the usual headers of the original e-mail above the quoted text (from, to, subject, ...), separated by a horizontal line. This looks fine when I am writing the email, but if you look at the resulting e-mail in Google Mail the headers are actually still shown as part of my text, with the horizontal line missing. Similar issues seem to occur with other clients like Thunderbird, which also can't seem to parse this correctly.

It has gotten to the stage where I sometimes decide not to reply to emails on my phone not because I don't want to type them there, but because I know it will mess up the email thread.

Is there any way I can fix this, for example by forcing WP8 to use whatever Outlook or Thunderbird uses?

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
your problem is well-known.. by the users :p
microsoft seems to ignore it!

i had this problem only when sending mail from my gmail account and, after testing all the possible solutions.. i got my ultimate fix!

Switch from gmail to outlook :p since then 0 mail problems, i setup my gmail account to auto-forward mail to my new outlook address and set a filter to move those mails to a "From Gmail" folder :)

this is a solution made by the RAGE but it works :p Now i can send mail with my phone without feeling bad about ruining thread and other friends rage :p

edit: just a note!
in my case if using gmail account with imap all works fine, no corruption at all! But you lose push and search on server, i'm happy with my *fix* :p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077