Snapdragon 400 can run on wp8

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Qualcomm is soon to be releasing their new 400 series burt here's a cool twist its supported by windows phone 8 :D

Now to the bashing already saw comments about how we dont need i don't give a fck about ur opinion basically what tht ****** fg saying its okay not too move forward -_-

Im really getting tired of tht debate. there is no reason when i upgrade next year i should not have the ability to have atleast 2013 specs (its being released later this year :p )

Alot of people hang on tht wp8 doesn't need it so basically ur saying any new games tht do come out we can support even if its not for duel core wow thts grate lool noobs -.-

Microsoft should really support tht new series by the way its not just high end its also for mid range :) and people say we can stay on duel core what a joke the moment when quad core has the ability also to become midrange then yu know tht duel core no longer gona be right;)

Gpu

By the way the article didn't really mention the gpu :( i hope we support the 330 - adreno :D

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It's good that WP is expanding in specs. But I agree with WP users. we don't need specs justy like Iphone users said. But it's for the best to get more android users to join. and also more OEMs. and more High Spec WP from Nokia, Huawei, Samsung and HTC :)

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's aight, but the article I read said that the 400 was only a midrange chip and the 600 and 800 are even better again.......

Article I read said that the GPU is adreno 305

Having the extra cores will likely see even better image processing on these devices (Better than current which is allegedly currently the best! ;)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Now to the bashing already saw comments about how we dont need i don't give a fck about ur opinion basically what tht ****** fg saying its okay not too move forward -_-
I feel you never spent much time comprehending many of the comments on your previous threads. I'd strongly suggest that you read up on them and try to understand what people were getting at exactly. Bigger and faster processors aren't the be all and end all of high end smartphone experiences. There are many hurdles for Windows Phone to overcome today, and they stem from the software side. Those won't be necessarily assuaged with better hardware.

You've kind of failed to show where mobile gaming is supposed to make a quantum leap forwards such that current processors won't be able to handle the load, even scaled down slightly. There's been no such leap evident on the PC side, not to mention the recent wave of high resolution displays will likely set back gaming performance once again. Keep in mind that native 1080p, of the likes of 2013 Android flagships, requires rendering over twice the number of pixels that native 720p requires. We're quickly ascending in hardware-demanding features to match progress in processing power.

The Snapdragon 400 is not top-of-the-line and if you're hoping for a huge performance leap from it, you're in for disappointment. You probably wouldn't want it paired with a brand new 1080p flagship.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I feel you never spent much time comprehending many of the comments on your previous threads. I'd strongly suggest that you read up on them and try to understand what people were getting at exactly. Bigger and faster processors aren't the be all and end all of high end smartphone experiences. There are many hurdles for Windows Phone to overcome today, and they stem from the software side. Those won't be necessarily assuaged with better hardware.

You've kind of failed to show where mobile gaming is supposed to make a quantum leap forwards such that current processors won't be able to handle the load, even scaled down slightly. There's been no such leap evident on the PC side, not to mention the recent wave of high resolution displays will likely set back gaming performance once again. Keep in mind that native 1080p, of the likes of 2013 Android flagships, requires rendering over twice the number of pixels that native 720p requires. We're quickly ascending in hardware-demanding features to match progress in processing power.

The Snapdragon 400 is not top-of-the-line and if you're hoping for a huge performance leap from it, you're in for disappointment. You probably wouldn't want it paired with a brand new 1080p flagship.

Well im not gon upgrade from my 920 if the specs are still the same i hope Nokia has some super fast devices lined up for us :p

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Althroug some may say it is not, currently hardware on WP8 is up-to date, Snapdragon S4 with dual Krait core is like a Cortex A15 dualcore, just misses the adreno 320 that is currently the up-to date most powerful GPU, even Sams Galaxy S3 had a Cortex A9 (old) CPU, so a good upgrade is get a quad core Krait with adreno 320 or 330(Snapdragon 600/800), going to a quad core Cortex A7 ot A5 is not a upgrade, is a downgrade so forget Snapdragon 400 if you want POWER. PS: Galaxy S4 has quad Cortex A15 + quad Cortex A7(low power cpus).
Compare Krait (CPU) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Snapdragon S4 with dual Krait core is like a Cortex A15 dualcore, just misses the adreno 320 that is currently the up-to date most powerful GPU
A few things:
- Krait is pretty much a customised A9. It doesn't actually perform at the level of A15, which seems to be overkill on a phone.
- Snapdragon 600 is "current". The MSM8960 is behind in both CPU and GPU, significantly.
- WP8 launched with S4 Plus chipsets the same time that the Nexus 4 shipped with an awesome S4 Pro chipset.

Well im not gon upgrade from my 920 if the specs are still the same i hope Nokia has some super fast devices lined up for us :p

I think Microsoft would be crazy to not add compatibility for the Snapdragon 600. There definitely will be a spec increase to come!

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day, all this bull shizen about cores and 1080p are just fluff......marketing fluff to make people like you vb2012 think that by not having those things the phone is somewhat lesser.

As I have previously pointed out, on a 4.5" screen, unless you are holding the phone in front of your face, the human eye ball cannot possibly see any pixel gap space difference between a 720p or 1080p screens! The 1080p resolution however makes everything on the screen smaller unless the assets are scaled up to be bigger! And not to mention the performance hit on the device due to the big jump in pixels to render (mentioned by others also).

You name me one benefit that would come from putting a 1080p display and a Quadcore CPU in your Lumia 920! Name me one benefit that a Quadcore handset currently has over a dual core handset!

It's all fluff to trick the mindless sheeps who don't actually know anything and think bigger number = better thing.........how about I get a sharpie and write Lumia 1000 on your 920 for you, it is a bigger number, will that make you feel better?

Stop talking numbers and start talking real life performance (And no.....not how many nano seconds faster a web page renders.....REAL LIFE performance!).

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Heh, all this talk reminds me back of the Pentium 4 days when fanboys thought that GHz's mattered when AMD was shattering Intel in IPC's and smashing them at lower clock speeds. Honestly I would be surprised if Apple moved to a quad core this year themselves, they'll probably stick with dual core. Like the iPhone, Windows Phone has the advantage of being on select hardware, which then makes the software highly optimized to the hardware, versus the extreme variety of Android which makes it harder to optimize (does not help they choose Java...which is why the apps tend to work on the new BB10 system), and the handset manufactures fluff it up with more ram and more cores to try and get as good of experience as the iPhone's and Windows Phone's do.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Heh, all this talk reminds me back of the Pentium 4 days when fanboys thought that GHz's mattered when AMD was shattering Intel in IPC's and smashing them at lower clock speeds.

Yep, bigger numbers mate, marketing fluff!

Honestly I would be surprised if Apple moved to a quad core this year themselves, they'll probably stick with dual core. Like the iPhone, Windows Phone has the advantage of being on select hardware, which then makes the software highly optimized to the hardware, versus the extreme variety of Android which makes it harder to optimize (does not help they choose Java...which is why the apps tend to work on the new BB10 system), and the handset manufactures fluff it up with more ram and more cores to try and get as good of experience as the iPhone's and Windows Phone's do.

Ditto, or they may move to a triple core architecture with one low powered core to save power for normal usage scenarios and then the full 2 cores for power applications. I could only see them moving to a quadcore if they think that the market will respond to the number OR they need the grunt to try and push image processing to attempt to catch up to Nokia's current lead (Which evidently is growing leaps and bounds). Flavour of the month tho is how power efficient you can get a chip, so IMO I'd expect to see the next Apple have a power sipper core (or 2) with 2 full blowers, with an iOS 7 with a redesigned Kernel which incorporates the power management between the cores. Thats my tip, not just for Apple but for all Mobile devices of the future! I think the Nvidia Tegra stuff already implements this kinda tech on Android off memory? Coz Nvidia can create the drivers that go into Android to handle the power saving features and core switching! Once Apple and WP vendors start doing this we will see better mileage from our batteries and life will be better lol!

Oh and the eight core Galaxy S4 also has 4 power saving cores and 4 full blowers so there is another example of a device of the future, however I think that model is only available in South Korea so not quite mainstream Tech yet....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)