potential new WP user coming from android, question about an app

flyinion

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been heavily interested in WP for a while and with it's current state (found most of the apps/games I used or equivalents on the WP store so I'm happy) and with the 92x series of phones and an upcoming end of my VZW contract I'm thinking about jumping to WP. One of the big reasons is because I was/am a Zune user (still use the app on Win7 and have a subscription) and I'm tired of waiting for Xbox Music to come to Android (saw a news story that iOS and Android were finally supposed to eventually get it now that Zune shut down and Xbox Music appeared).

There's one thing I'd really love to have though. I use Google Voice a lot. Not for calls, but for the free visual voicemail and sms messaging. I see there is a pretty well rated app called MetroTalk that can do this for WP8 and I'm wondering what people's experiences are with this app or similar apps to utilize Google Voice? I may end up jumping from VZW to t-mobile for the 925 at which point I guess it wouldn't matter since all their plans have unlimited texting and receiving calls via my GV number isn't actually dependent on an app. If I stay on VZW though and get a 928 I will probably buy it outright to keep my unlimited data but that means keeping my grandfathered in 450 minutes/250 texts plan as well which that text plan is one of the reasons I use GV for texting. With that setup my bill runs about $75 with all the taxes and fees after an employer discount.

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use it from time to time. It works fairly well. No complaints. Just keep in mind it is a 3rd party non official app so it will have some quirks. I dont use it heavily but enough to say it works well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon