I am looking for fun multiplayer games for Windows Phone 8 (and Windows RT too!). I prefer ones with Xbox achievements, and I am interested in both asynchronous and real-time (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC) multiplayer. Something fun that I can play with family members of different demographics. For example, my Mom likes asynchronous word games, board games, and card games so we play AlphaJax and Wordament together. My brother is into more 'gamers' games, so we play Skulls of the Shogun and Rocket Riot together.

I convinced my entire family to buy Windows Phones (we all have Nokia Lumias) and Windows RT tablets (we all have Surface RTs), and now I want to show them how fun they are. But, from reading reader reviews for a lot of apps that I thought would naturally have multiplayer (Yahtzee, Uno, Risk, Monopoly, Bejeweled Live, The Game of Life, etc.), a lot of users implied they didn't have multiplayer, which seems really shortsighted of the developers. Any recommendations?

UPDATE: Since I haven't been able to find an easily accessible list of multiplayer Windows Phone games, I have decided to start a Wikipedia page that classifies all of the multiplayer games on Windows Phone, detailing the following
    A. Type of certification (Xbox or not)
    1. Title
    2. Developer
    3. Publisher
    4. Number of players

B. Type of multiplayer
    * asynchronous vs. real-time [pass-n-play, Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi]

Feel free to post in this thread that information for any games in the Windows App store, and then I'll add it to the Wikipedia page I'm creating. Then, when the page is more complete, I'll petition it to become a Wikipedia article.
    Last edited by coip; 06-05-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Sorry, I guess this should've been posted in the Windows Phone Games subforum m(_ _)m
    06-05-2013 01:01 AM
    Wordament
    Alphajax
    Drag Racing
    06-05-2013 02:49 PM
    I have been slowly filling in the Wikipedia page I am creating, but it would sure help out for others to post information on multiplayer games here so I can add them in m(_ _)m お願いします
    06-06-2013 01:36 PM
    Critter Camp -- it's like a mario party style game my friends have been working on in our free time in college. It's free to download on the windows store: Critter Camp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Since we are constantly working to improve our game, we would love if you guys took the time to check it out and provide us some feedback!
    Tony_Offends_U likes this.
    06-08-2013 06:44 PM
    here are a few i found, words by post, and chess by post both of these are cross platforms to android and apple OS phones, and i think the chess one also includes windows 8.. then there is king of the sea, a battleship variation.. i usually dont pay for apps so all theses are free..
    06-18-2013 01:12 PM
    Cool. I've added those all in.
    07-04-2013 01:12 PM
    I don't know if anyone has said it but you are awesome for this thanks so much.been looking for this for a while now the again.
    08-24-2013 04:38 PM
    Multiplayer games I frequently play.

Chess by Post
    Armed! (Think StarCraft)
    Carcassonne (favorite board game)
    Battleship
    Alphajax
    Uno & Friends
    08-24-2013 06:57 PM
    My biggest disappointment is Shuffle "Party". I put the Party in quotations because it seems as if party would mean multiplayer. But if it does I can't figure how. What a great multiplayer game it would be. I love it except for that.
    08-27-2013 07:13 PM
    I have been slowly filling in the Wikipedia page I am creating, but it would sure help out for others to post information on multiplayer games here so I can add them in m(_ _)m お願いします
    Have you created a profile and list in the Nokia App Social app?
    09-21-2013 06:11 PM
    Have you created a profile and list in the Nokia App Social app?
    I created an abbreviated list in the Nokia App Social called "The Best Multiplayer Xbox Games". I also made another list on their called "The Best Xbox Games by Genre". I still update this Wikipedia page as new games, particularly Xbox games, come out (there are too many 'other' games to keep track of, though, so I only do that as I come across them).
    09-25-2013 12:26 AM
    Uno Friends is multiplayer. Asphalt 7 as well. Warships.
    09-25-2013 02:56 AM
    Uno Friends is multiplayer. Asphalt 7 as well. Warships.
    Yep, those are listed on my Wikipedia SandBox
    09-25-2013 03:20 AM
    Can anyone say me whether i will be able to continue from the same point when i uninstall and reinstall sims freeplay..?? i mean it doesnt have cloud storage option like Iphone..!! whats the case here...??
    09-26-2013 08:25 AM
    Can anyone say me whether i will be able to continue from the same point when i uninstall and reinstall sims freeplay..?? i mean it doesnt have cloud storage option like Iphone..!! whats the case here...??
    I don't have the game so I cannot check for your personally, my experience is that some Windows Phone games have cloud saves (like Halo: Spartan Assault or Skulls of the Shogun), but that the majority do not (like Carcassonne or Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1), meaning that if you uninstall the game and reinstall it, you have to start over, which is probably the case with Sims Free Play--but again, I don't know for certain. Sorry.
    09-26-2013 01:58 PM
    guys any multiplayer game with pvt host nly friends can join or invite specific ppl ? any best mp games on wp8 y the hell asphalt 8 dnt hav pvt host game loft is insane i think asphalt 7 hav that feature
    02-02-2014 01:57 AM
    02-02-2014 03:30 AM
    My game "Air Soccer Fever" is the only realtime online multiplayer sports game on Windows phone. Its also ported to Windows 8.1 and Android. Multiplayer gameplay across platforms. Over 3 million downloads, 4+ star rating and thousands of players playing online daily.

Air Soccer Fever | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    05-18-2015 02:06 PM