Eduroam, EAP-TTLS authentication protocol, has anybody conected to his institution's wi-fi

Phani Chandra1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Got the same issue with a lumia 720 - the certifcate does get downloaded but is not read or registered by the phone to connect to Wi Fi. i am pretty disappointed as even a low cost android is able to do this.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm studying in the UK and I am able to connect to eduroam just fine here. What happens is the first time I add the network, I just enter my userid (abc1234@unidomain) and password. I leave the verify server certificate option off. It connects just fine for me but occasionally it will not reconnect after disconnecting.

jav1356

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Apparently some institutions don't use the authentication protocol EAP-TTLS and then you can connect just with username and password. But most universities in Europe do. No way to set a wifi conection with a Windows phone then. Bad luck for us, and in the long run for Microsoft and Nokia.

uvioc

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here; uni requires EAP-TTLS so I can't get on. Don't understand why this isn't included in WP8. Definitely one of the most disappointing things about an otherwise pretty nice phone/OS.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope, and my university told me to get an iPhone or Android. So now I have to pick my phone based on whether or not I want to use Wifi at school, I hope Microsoft gets this fixed.

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The problem is not that simple. There are different levels of security at different schools so one might be able to connect with only a password while others might need certificates or more. In my case no luck so far with EAP-TTLS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro