Duplicate photos

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This question might have been asked in other forums. Right now, occasionally I am having the problem of duplicate photos. I am using Nokia 820. Is this a system bug and will Microsoft fix it?

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This question might have been asked in other forums. Right now, occasionally I am having the problem of duplicate photos. I am using Nokia 820. Is this a system bug and will Microsoft fix it?

Thanks

There is a few threads on this topic so I would recommend doing a search.

To answer your question, yes this appears to be a OS issue and the hope is it gets corrected on the next update coming end June or early July. It's something to do with SD cards.

Main thing to check on your phone:

Did you format your SD card on the phone prior to using it?

Also you might find this useful - Photos Hub | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)

Andrew_12191a

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ativ and I was a happy Windows Phone user till now. A few days ago my phone began to start creating duplicate entries. First in the Music section and later on in the Pictures section. I tried all the things I've read so far, nothing worked. I've found out that it has nothing to do with the SD-card or the Windows Phone Desktop-app files on the pc. My phone still creates duplicates (without a SD-card) when I use the internal phone storage. I think it's a bug in the OS and need to be fixed as soon as possible.

The strangest thing on this is, that not every file has a duplicate.Some of them are just shown up once. I have the problem when I'm using the app on my Windows pc and when I use Windows Explorer, that makes no difference. Now I've copied 5 files to my phone SD-card and everything seems to be good, even with the files who had duplicates. I also had other (longer) filenames from apps like 6Tag or InstaWeather Pro, maybe they are the problem??

I have the latest phone update (GDR2) already for a few months and nothing else has been changed on my phone or settings. I'm not using Xbox-Live or SkyDrive, they're switched off on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers