Has anyone been able to successfully sync your iCloud, contacts & calendars with any Andriod or windows 8 phone?

I know the easy answer is get a gmail account or windows live. But for to many reasons to list I want to keep my iCloud account but want to use either a windows or Andriod device.

If anyone knows how please post. I know on blackberry 10 users can sync iCloud contacts and was able to sync calendars as well but now users are stating calendars are no longer syncing on blackberry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-13-2013 01:18 PM
    iCloud uses the CardDAV and CalDAV protocols. These will be incorporated into WP8 soon (to support Gmail calendars and contacts). Whether or not they will be accessible for other services as well I don't know - I've not see any discussion of it anywhere. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Google's version of CalDAV was tweaked with extra fields, and I bet Apple's is as well. The beauty of standards
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-13-2013 03:00 PM
    For now no who knows what the future holds.
    06-13-2013 04:06 PM
    Also worth checking out Chronos Calendar, which supports Google calendar sync.
    06-16-2013 01:43 PM
    I know for a fact you can use your iCloud account to sync mail but i don't know about contacts and calendars.
    06-16-2013 02:49 PM
    For WP8 I haven't found a way. For android check out SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts and for Cloud Calendars

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....caldav.icloud
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...carddav.icloud

Works great. I use the Calendar version with no issues to sync my wife's shared calendar to my phone.
    06-17-2013 02:01 AM
    Rudy Huyn made Gcontacts (Gmail), proving that an app like this could be made and is possible with WPs API. Hopefully we will see something soon.
    06-17-2013 07:11 AM
    I'm an Apple guy but tried out the Android HTC One for a weekend and found SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar syncs your iCloud calendars and reminders. SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts to syncs iCloud contacts. I only bought the Cloud Calendar app in Google Play store for about $3. It automatically put my iCloud calendar on my HTC One. Effortless!
    07-15-2013 11:41 AM
    they did find a solution :
    [TUTORIAL] Add native iCloud (IMAP, CardDAV, CalDav) support to WP8 GDR2 Devices!! - xda-developers

will try with my lumia 1020 tomorrow and will sell a 5C very soon :)
    10-28-2013 03:48 PM
    they did find a solution :
    [TUTORIAL] Add native iCloud (IMAP, CardDAV, CalDav) support to WP8 GDR2 Devices!! - xda-developers

will try with my lumia 1020 tomorrow and will sell a 5C very soon :)
    Wow that's awesome. Definitely going to try this later.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    10-28-2013 04:37 PM
    There is an app on the store to import iCloud contacts to a windows phone 8 device in a few taps. It only supports contacts.

SyncMe | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    01-03-2014 12:02 PM
    Hi

the solutions as described in the Tutorial worked for syncing my existing iCloud calender, but new entries don't seem to sync. When I enter e new item in both a Windows 8 (Lumia) phone or in an iOS device, the entry isn't synced to the other device. Does anyone have an explanation or solution?

Thanks

Bruno
    01-16-2014 01:17 AM
    Wait... So its able to sync now? ^
    02-25-2014 11:12 AM
    hey guys, i need your help .. i just restored my iphone, i dont know to bypass the activation screen in ios 7 and i forgot and dont know the details of icloud.. i've been seeking for help on how to do this.. i found a site that has unlock a while ago, (iPhone unlocking service URL redacted) is anyone familiar with this? can anyone help me? pleeeeeeaase..
    sir, you must be lost, this is a forum dedicated to Windows Phone and other Microsoft devices. I recommend you visit a more relevant forum like Apple's dedicated Support Communities.

[NOTE: I AM ASSUMING YOU MEAN THE NEW ANTI-THEFT FEATURE ON iOS 7.]
    anyways, in order to use it, you must have your iCloud/Apple ID information. if you forgot it, try the password reset feature on icloud.com (if it has one) or apple.com and create one you'll remember and keep on hand.

If you don't, you'll likely have to go straight to apple with proof of purchase.

That site is for SIM unlocking iPhones. It is for enabling your iPhone to be used on different carriers. (as long as the radios are compatible) I don't think it applies in your case.
    Last edited by jmshub; 02-17-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Deleted link from quote
    03-17-2014 01:37 PM
    Wow the turorial worked for me
    03-20-2014 05:21 PM
    Windows Phone 8.1 is now set up for iCloud calendars and contacts! I works extremely well now!
    04-14-2014 09:38 PM
    This works perfectly on windows phone 8.0 needed to add p01- caldav.icloud.com
    Adds all my icloud calender sync is almost instant..
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM