About two months ago I moved from iOS, iPhone 5, to windows phone- I'm using an HTC 8X now.
    I absolutely love it, its better in almost every way in my eyes (with the exception of app selection ;) )
    Anyway, I also dropped my spotify sub for a xbox music pass, I loved the way I could just download songs into my collection, never been a fan of having to put everything in a playlist on spotify.
    So it's been working really well, except for one thing, the artist images. For some reason its using ones that are extremely low res. Seriously, they look awful. And no, not limited to certain artists, its all of them.
    Album art seems fine, although its always a small thumbnail, the artist images go fullscreen, and I love having whats playing on my lockscreen but it looks awful.
    Is it something Im doing wrong? I'm in New Zealand although I doubt the license for the music restricts the use of high res images :/
    06-14-2013 05:19 AM
    hmm.. if it is low res images or missing album art you can use an app called MPATool which is free to download in the windows phone marketplace.

You can auto find any artist or album image and attach it or there is an auto feature which does the job pretty well. I found it to be rally helpful since in India we see grey backgrounds for the music and no lockscreen supoort.
    bubb1ez likes this.
    06-14-2013 05:40 AM
    Thanks, Excellent app, works great on the artists that there were no images for but it can't seem to overwrite the images xbox music is using
    06-14-2013 05:59 AM
    Thanks, Excellent app, works great on the artists that there were no images for but it can't seem to overwrite the images xbox music is using
    hmm, I personally don't use xbox music so I can't comment on that, but ideally it should be able to replace everything.
    06-14-2013 07:29 AM
    I don't use Xbox music, but I experienced the same thing with my own music I put on there. I wanted to change the artist-bg-picture and it wouldn't overwrite it. So I just deleted the artist/songs and then put them on there again and selected a new image. Tedious, but it worked. Idk how it would work with purchased music though. Can you access the songs in your memory when you plug it into the computer?
    06-14-2013 07:40 AM
    I don't use Xbox music, but I experienced the same thing with my own music I put on there. I wanted to change the artist-bg-picture and it wouldn't overwrite it. So I just deleted the artist/songs and then put them on there again and selected a new image. Tedious, but it worked. Idk how it would work with purchased music though. Can you access the songs in your memory when you plug it into the computer?
    I can but they are copy protected so essentially function as a link to the song in the Music app for windows 8, which then plays the song and displays a nice 1080p image.
    Frustrating.

There is a folder with all the album art. But none with the artist images.

Are there any good alternatives to the built in music app? Using another player would stop it using the xbox music images.
    06-14-2013 07:54 AM