Hi!

I just got the 521, and been playing around with it. I noticed the the Here Drive beta did not have an overview of the directions. Or I just can't access it,but looking online on support and forums, couldn't find anything about it.

And what I mean by overview is like:

1. Head west on M-29 S/23 Mile Rd toward W Village Rd
    2. Slight right onto the I-94 W ramp
    3. Merge onto Interstate 94 W

So clicking something where an overview of what you need to do in a few steps and not just zooming out to look at the map. Will Here Drive Plus have it? Is it just because it's in beta, or will it not? I know I did read about the traffic updates for plus, but nothing else. This is my first post, and I would appreciate any help!
    06-14-2013 09:43 AM
    I noticed the same issue on my 928...would be nice to get step by step directions lists. Hope someone knows the answer!
    06-14-2013 10:09 AM
    Well glad I'm not the only one who misses that :)

First time with windows, still figuring things out - I did finally find an article where people are talking about the same thing: How to use Nokia Drive+ Beta – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

This is what the moderator has been saying:
    "We might implement a list of directions in the future, but we would also like to know why you need them if you are going to get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation anyway: isn't the map overview enough?
    If you miss the list so much, you can always calculate the route first on Nokia Maps and from there start the Nokia Drive navigation"

It seems to be about 5 to 7 months ago with that answer. I know the feature isn't there now, has anyone heard anything about them implementing in the future when it's out of beta?

I guess the alternative would be putting it in nokia maps, and then use the drive navigation, which ill check out and see how that works.
    I feel like it would just be a lot more convenient if you they had the option of just clicking it through navigation.
    06-14-2013 11:37 AM
    Well glad I'm not the only one who misses that :)

First time with windows, still figuring things out - I did finally find an article where people are talking about the same thing: How to use Nokia Drive+ Beta – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

This is what the moderator has been saying:
    "We might implement a list of directions in the future, but we would also like to know why you need them if you are going to get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation anyway: isn't the map overview enough?
    If you miss the list so much, you can always calculate the route first on Nokia Maps and from there start the Nokia Drive navigation"

It seems to be about 5 to 7 months ago with that answer. I know the feature isn't there now, has anyone heard anything about them implementing in the future when it's out of beta?

I guess the alternative would be putting it in nokia maps, and then use the drive navigation, which ill check out and see how that works.
    I feel like it would just be a lot more convenient if you they had the option of just clicking it through navigation.
    I can't stand when people like that moderator say dumb things like that. It just smacks of ignoring real-world use of the product. Calculating the route via HERE Maps doesn't take into account any route recalculations that Drive makes due to missed turns, and to be honest I've never gotten the sense that anything but the destination is passed from the Maps app to Drive... I could be wrong, but I think Drive just takes the destination and then calculates the route itself.
    06-14-2013 09:04 PM
    Wow great point Onager!

I have not tried it yet while driving, so I am not sure either if the Maps direction update if you miss a turn, but it does work, just not the most PRACTICAL way of doing it - which agrees to your point to REAL-WORLD use. And switching is eh, and seems to take longer.

My phone usage: talking, texting, emails, gps, occasionally yelp (light browsing). GPS is a big thing to me, I hope they do add the directions list.

PS by the way at first I thought you meant I said something dumb (I don't why I thought it was directed toward OP when you said moderator - I'm tired )
    06-15-2013 10:31 AM