Windows Phone 8 In a Subaru

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just recently traded in my 06 Focus for a Subaru Impreza. I wanted to report to the community how surprised and how well the Bluetooth of my L920 works with my new car. I am able to wireless listen to music, and the car will pause the music if a text comes in. Not only that but TellMe then takes over to issue voice commands on handling the message. I was surprises by this because my aftermarket radio in my Focus could not do this.

Overall I am impressed with how well my windows phone handled my car radio. I have expected it not to work because of how small the user bases is on our favorite and obviously superior platform.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh the Baja...to stranger to thrive to unique to destroy. I always was a fan of the Baja. How many miles did you load up on that car?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It's at 75K right now, I'm the second owner. I love the thing, but I'm at a point where I need something that is fully enclosed.

angel51woo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
my iphone 4s only can answer incoming and outgoing call; can not read incoming message, reply and send message, call back via bluetooth in my car, but nokia lumia can. I was surprised... is English

Last edited:

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
My primary commuter vehicle is a 2009 Ford Focus. It has the Ford Sync feature included. My previous Nokia device, the C6-01 was able to pair up easily but it was not compatible with handling text messages. My HTC Android Device was a pain just to get paired up with SYNC and it did not work the majority of the time.

My Lumia 521 paired up very easily with the SYNC as well and to my surprise it handles text messages too. It's a nifty little feature.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It's at 75K right now, I'm the second owner. I love the thing, but I'm at a point where I need something that is fully enclosed.
its still so young for a subie, but having a flat bed is problematic. I did see a guy put a net over the bed to hold a bike, atv, and a bunch of other gear. Enjoy your new car!

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised to hear it worked with SYNC, the dealer I went to showed me something that said WP 7.5 wouldn't work. No information on WP8 though.

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have a Scion FR-S and have the same problem, whenever I get a text message the music playing through bluetooth stops :-(

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have a Scion FR-S and have the same problem, whenever I get a text message the music playing through bluetooth stops :-(
disable the "read aloud text messages" option, under the "speech" settings.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
You can't go wrong with a Subaru or Mitsubishi, some of the best cars around; so its not surprising that WP works so well there.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone has worked ever since... from my HTC Mozart to Lumia 610 and now HTC 8S on my Subaru XV and Impreza (this has been upgraded to Alpine HU already).

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
GDR2 didn't read text messages for my on my 2014 Crosstrek. After updating GDR3 and activating the other method to handle Bluetooth, it works perfectly and I can dictate back too.

Now If Aha Radio would just release a wp phone app. Please go to their facebook page and ask for a WP app :)

https://www.facebook.com/Aha.Radio

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
GDR2 didn't read text messages for my on my 2014 Crosstrek. After updating GDR3 and activating the other method to handle Bluetooth, it works perfectly and I can dictate back too.

Now If Aha Radio would just release a wp phone app. Please go to their facebook page and ask for a WP app :)

https://www.facebook.com/Aha.Radio

The phone speaks the new messages trough the Bluetooth but the functionality that I have to seed the massages in the car dashboard is gone since WP7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs