Microsoft leave out WP8 yet again!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I dont know about that. And really, they are one of the worst at PR ever. They make it so hard to defend at times, especially for WP users. If there is any good reason to leave out its own platform, then they damn well better put that out there. Bunch of morons. Or perhaps, WE supporters are the morons for continuing to support them.

Well, that is a testimony that Microsoft fans are real people, and won't take **** from nobody - as opposed to Apple sheeps being all blinded and worshiping all that crappy products like some sort of a religious cult. I'm kind of proud that i can whine about Microsoft's shortcomings because as much as we think Microsoft is slow, they are listening nonetheless, and their success work in mysterious ways. ;)

I mean out of nowhere they ****ed over Google with this Oracle patent, and now Microsoft earns $8 for every Android device sold. That's a forecast to earn them $3.4B this year alone off those royalties.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, that is a testimony that Microsoft fans are real people, and won't take **** from nobody - as opposed to Apple sheeps being all blinded and worshiping all that crappy products like some sort of a religious cult. I'm kind of proud that i can whine about Microsoft's shortcomings because as much as we think Microsoft is slow, they are listening nonetheless, and their success work in mysterious ways. ;)

I mean out of nowhere they ****ed over Google with this Oracle patent, and now Microsoft earns $8 for every Android device sold. That's a forecast to earn them $3.4B this year alone off those royalties.

Theyre listening? Well, maybe they have sselective hearing. They've done this before, yet the outcry and bashing didn't seem to matter to them. They did it yet again.

I will not continue to support a product that is a second or third thought by its own owner. They better knock this crap off or people will walk away and potential newcomers wont come.

And seriously, do they have a damn PR team?! You have a reason to snub us, tell us why! Quit leaving us hanging

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup. 100% ridiculous. I've already Tweeted them and left a comment on Skype's blog entry announcement. It is "under moderation". I urge all to speak up, so that we don't have to get an iPhone to get the best of Microsoft products.

What was the exact address you used? I'm going to stop being silent and really hold their feet to the fire. I'm tired of always being left in the dust.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Theyre listening? Well, maybe they have sselective hearing. They've done this before, yet the outcry and bashing didn't seem to matter to them. They did it yet again.

I will not continue to support a product that is a second or third thought by its own owner. They better knock this crap off or people will walk away and potential newcomers wont come.

And seriously, do they have a damn PR team?! You have a reason to snub us, tell us why! Quit leaving us hanging

You have all the right to be mad. Let it all out. Even I have my own opinions too (like WP8 not getting more colours, and background pictures).

But the recent 920 prototype leaked, does show that Microsoft is listening with Notifications, and better Multitasking view.

I still hate them for no backgrounds...

And yeah their motto is to have a vision of the future, even at the expense of some people which will be alienated. But ultimately, they believe that it will be for the best in the futures to come. I used to really hate them for this, but i recently understood where they are coming from.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm 100% sure of a few things...

1. There are different developers working on Ios/Android-apps and WP... Mainly developers who are not that into WP-development at all.
2. There are a big team working on WP and apps.
3. MS has re-arranged their inhouse developers who are into creating WP apps so they can focus on further develop the main operating system.

Once MS has WP in check with everyones requirements, they will rearrange again and focus on getting essential apps up to date.

Skype is essential, but it's not important to most users outside the US.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
"show that Microsoft is listening" - I'll believe that when WP8 can play WAV files.

How about seamless switching songs so I can enjoy my goddamn Gorillaz album goodness! That's what's up! That and proper Facebook chat integration where you can swipe to the left or right of a contact in the messaging hub with them and u see ALL the convo of fb and you can send photos wirelessly (with better offline functionality/notifications)... That'd be my creme a la creme. Honestly

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Skype is essential, but it's not important to most users outside the US.

What? Skype is huge here in central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria). It's becoming the number one way to make international calls!

^^ This! MS has this corporate structure not because they are incompetent, but because regulators forced MS to adopt them in the early years of the last decade. Only recently have these restrictions been lifted. Restructuring efforts started almost immediately afterwards, and are on-going. It will be years until consumers notice improvements however.

As it is now, Skype is almost completely autonomous. Skype will be organizationally integrated with the rest of MS at some point, but it will occur according to a plan that will play out over the next few years. Unfortunately, you can't reorganize a company the size of MS in just a few months. Until then, we will probably experience a few more of these unfortunate "moves".

I dont know about that. And really, they are one of the worst at PR ever. They make it so hard to defend at times, especially for WP users.

I'm not sure what you are uncertain of or disagree with, so I can't really respond. I would agree with everything you said about MS making it hard to defend them, but I don't see how that relates to my statement that you quoted. Anyway, yes, MS sucks at consumer oriented communication (which is really just another way of saying "marketing").

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
What was the exact address you used? I'm going to stop being silent and really hold their feet to the fire. I'm tired of always being left in the dust.

@skype
@microsoft
@windowsphone

Also find the announcement at blog.skype.com and leave a comment. Be civil as they moderate the comments before they can appear on the site.

anon5657577

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Still baffles me that the Skype app on Windows Phone 8 supposedly sucks (according to you guys) giving that they own Skype. I even tested the video message thing today and sent one from my z10 to my colleague who uses an Iphone5. Works fine.. no issues. BB10 users even get 25 free video messages for the first 3 months.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Still baffles me that the Skype app on Windows Phone 8 supposedly sucks (according to you guys) giving that they own Skype. I even tested the video message thing today and sent one from my z10 to my colleague who uses an Iphone5. Works fine.. no issues. BB10 users even get 25 free video messages for the first 3 months.
z10 sighting!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

You've just described why Skype on WP actually does suck. The functionality you described, as well as other features like file share isnt available to WP users and WP didnt even get a mention on the Skype blog announcing this feature. The fact that MS owns Skype is just the icing on the cake.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Its because of 2 things (am I'm not necessarily agreeing with MS on this either but)L
1) skype is a separate dept of microsoft. One issue thats plagued MS for the longest time now, even though they are improving with it, is their depts are too separated, the WP team probably barely talks to the office team, which probably barely talks to the win 8 team, which probably barely talks to the xbox team...you know where I'm going with this.

2) its better for skype to get it out as fast as possible. What the easiest way to penetrate a market with software? Make your app on the biggest platforms first! Which means iOS/android. Sure WP users might be getting temporarily screwed out of the deal, but it will increase skype numbers the fastest by getting android and iOS users to adopt chat first which vastly outnumbers the wp market share. Even though WP I think is up to about 5% now, it still is much smaller than android and iOS. Its a number game unfortunately and they chose the platforms to make the biggest numbers first...

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone is missing the point, its video messages.

Video messages...........who the hell has ever wanted to send a video message via skype? Who the hell would ever want to send a video message anyway? But say you do, say you come up with some reason, is your email broken?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
^^Its nothing really to do with the actual function that skype added to the other operating systems its the fact that once again WP8 was left empty handed by Skype a Microsoft bought company!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)