Me tile picture randomly changes to another picture

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
my sister's me tile has her fb pic showing. it seems to keep changing on it's own to another pic that was once her fb pic but isn't the current pic. when this happens she notices it changes her fb pic on the computer as well and she swears she isn't changing it on the computer upon which the change is then reflected on the me tile. she thinks the me tile/phone is what is changing it. she changes it back, either from the phone or the computer and any time she taps into the me tile it changes on her again. I told her to delete her fb account from the phone and relink. anyone know what could be causing this? a specific app maybe, a random setting somewhere in outlook on the pc, a random mobile setting somewhere on facebook website? she also then tried to set her ms account profile pic as the pic she wanted and for some reason it uploaded all blurry. any reason for that as well? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It could be that the photo is defaulting to the one that is attached to her Microsoft account. That one will override any changes she makes in facebook. Ask her if her Microsoft account photo is the same as her old facebook one and if that is the case then she just needs to go into her MS account and change it there.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
she had nothing set to the ms account. she now has the ms account the same image as her fb account, but there is a bug that displays the hotmail picture in low res for some reason on the tile (i've read this elsewhere online as well). so now she has the desired image but it looks crappy. when the image kept changing itself she hadn't set a hotmail/live/ms account profile pic yet and it was changing her fb pic on her. she would tap the tile, the pic would change to another pic in her fb profile pics album and it would be changed on fb via web browser as well. she would change it back either via browser or her phone and it would change back on her again.

edit: she has a Lumia 928 btw.

edit 2: she just clarified that her fb account image via web browser is not changing. she had no image set to her hotmail when this started happening. it seems only the me tile was changing to an older fb profile pic and not staying on the current one/one she wants to show there. sounds so weird. have never heard of any of my friends having this issue or even myself.

Last edited:

clay113

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing a combination of both. When I change my FB profile pic, it doesn't update to my ME tile like it used to. I've removed and added the facebook account and now it's syncing an older pick I used to update FB, and that pic is blurry.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, same problem here, and some contacts on my WP People Hub don't show their FB profile pic.
My pic on Me tile shows an old pic from FB, that I deleted from FB, yet it shows.

Might be linked to this issue with Messenger service:
https://status.live.com/

good call. it does seem fb in general has been quirky as of late so maybe all the weird fb behavior is tied to this. hopefully it all gets resolved soon.

MarvelMaister

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem, the ME Tile kept showing old FB Pict, no matter how many times i changed it. But i tried a way, i deleted all photos i don't want (including the photo that kept showing in in ME Tile) and then i made new profile pict from (you can upload or choose available ones from your profile pict album) my profile pict album, then i restarted my WP, and VOILA! it updated to current photo! Hope it'll help you guys as well... :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss