Camera Roll on SD card

AlShack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Morning

I have a Nokia 620 with a 64Gb card in it (class10). I had this card working fine for a few days (apart form the dreaded duplicate music tracks issue!), and it was working fine for teh camera.

Photos were saved to it in the Camera Roll folder.

However, now when I take a photo, it disappears. I take a picture, swipe back to have a look and it is not there. I go into photos, and it is still not there. However, if I plug the phone into the laptop (Windows 7), it is there.

I have set all syncing to Skydrive off, as I don't really want to do this with all photos.

Any ideas? I've tried formatting the SD card (in the phone and through the laptop), and also using another SD card, but nothing going. I have even tried uploading photos to the card through the laptop, but they don't appear.

The phone recognises the card when I insert it, but just doesn't use it.

Any tips greatfully received!

Cheers
Al

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, a class 10 card is overkill for a mobile phone and is probably the reason why the phone doesn't play well with it. Class 4 or 6 cards are all you need for a mobile phone.

AlShack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Fair point I guess, but surely a modern phone should work with a modern card?

Anyway, it still doesn't work with an old 4Gb card - not sure what class that is but it's a couple of years old so probably not class 10.

Cheers

AlShack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have just found that the phone is actually storing the photos in a different folder. If I go into storage, and look at the SD card, it says 0 bytes in pictures, but 47.5Mb in "other". If I take more photos, this "other" value increases.

However, I cannot find them if I plug the phone into the laptop - not sure where "other" would appear? I'm showing hidden files/folders in the folder view on the laptop.

Ta

AlShack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Also, if I plug the phone into the laptop and upload photos to the Camera Roll folder, they upload fine but do not display on the phone.

AlShack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Resolved (sorry, couldn't see how to update the title).

A hard reset (after a complete backup) did the job. 64Gb card no working with camera roll properly.

Now, dare I put 50Gb of music on it, as this started the problem in the first place!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss