07-14-2014 01:10 PM
182 1234 ...
tools
    Here we go again...... UGH!
    07-22-2013 08:25 AM
    Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!
    07-24-2013 06:44 AM
    Problems here too. My facebook chat was fine until I did a hard reset of my phone a few days ago and now it doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion in this thread and nothing seems to work.
    07-24-2013 07:31 AM
    I was also having the same problem, could not connect to FB chat. I had tried everything, unlink FB account from MS account, change passwords, change settings but nothing worked.
    FB chat worked - sort off - until a couple weeks ago.
    I've read on answers.microsoft.com a user suggesting the uninstall of Skype, so in desperation I uninstalled and can you believe it? FB chat can now connect and seems to work.
    So if you're having problems connecting to FB chat and have Skype installed, try removing it (does not seem to resolve problems with message lag and other problems).
    ThinkCloud likes this.
    07-26-2013 06:48 PM
    Yeah I can agree. Removing skype fixed the issue immediately
    07-27-2013 03:46 PM
    Same problem here :( And even I can't get any other notification...
    08-01-2013 03:32 AM
    Two things,
    1. Please ensure that facebook chat option is enabled in messaging settings.
    2. If you have Skype installed, uninstall it.

Recheck & revert.

Skype is having some conflict with the facebook chat. It should solve your problem.
    08-01-2013 04:10 AM
    My solution: reset phone to factory settings.
    I did it yesterday (5 Aug 2013) and still working, I'm online, I receive messages and notifications. There is no more "can't connect to chat" information.
    Fortunately I backup-ed everything before the reset and it was not so painful (it took one hour to have brand new phone ;). I did not install skype after, just in case.
    Greetings
    Paul (htc 8s)
    08-06-2013 03:47 AM
    Well... worked for one week... Now reverted back to "can't log in to chat". Apparently MS is aware of this but states that this is a problem on facebook's end.
    But us users still can't use on of the key selling points - FB chat integration on WP!!
    08-06-2013 09:05 AM
    Well... worked for one week... Now reverted back to "can't log in to chat". Apparently MS is aware of this but states that this is a problem on facebook's end.
    But us users still can't use on of the key selling points - FB chat integration on WP!!
    I have Facebook turned off. My intention is to use Messenger across phone, PC, and tablet. This is all on Microsoft!
    08-06-2013 10:31 PM
    From MSFT:
    [INFO]Many users have reported issues with signing in and receiving Facebook messages in Windows 8 messaging app, Windows Phone messaging hub, and Outlook.com. We are actively working with Facebook to resolve the issue. Other contacts (e.g. Skype) should not be affected.[/INFO]
    +1 :'(
    08-06-2013 11:16 PM
    Yes i am also getting this error from many days. I have never felt easy chatting on facebook for this phone.
    I didn't see any of my Facebook contacts on my People Hub's Chat since move from WP7.8 to WP8 last 2013-January.
    Definitely it isn't working properly!
    08-06-2013 11:23 PM
    Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!
    Same here with Lumia 920!
    08-06-2013 11:24 PM
    I was also having the same problem, could not connect to FB chat. I had tried everything, unlink FB account from MS account, change passwords, change settings but nothing worked.
    FB chat worked - sort off - until a couple weeks ago.
    I've read on answers.microsoft.com a user suggesting the uninstall of Skype, so in desperation I uninstalled and can you believe it? FB chat can now connect and seems to work.
    So if you're having problems connecting to FB chat and have Skype installed, try removing it (does not seem to resolve problems with message lag and other problems).
    I tried the this steps and didn't solve for me.
    08-06-2013 11:26 PM
    I had to do a hard reset on my phone a few days after my post in this thread. After I set up the phone again, Chat started working again :). I know this isn't a route that most of you want to take but I thought I'd report it.

Hope it helps. :)
    08-07-2013 06:18 AM
    I had to do a hard reset on my phone a few days after my post in this thread. After I set up the phone again, Chat started working again :). I know this isn't a route that most of you want to take but I thought I'd report it.

Didn't worked for me.
    08-07-2013 11:19 AM

Didn't work for me either...
    08-07-2013 02:27 PM
    Still no dice, wife's works. Ugh.
    08-08-2013 02:30 PM
    Try this, It works for me. Uninstall the facebook (Microsoft application) app from your phone then re-install it. Now sign in using your credentials and update your news feed for more than 5 times and check your chat section simultaneously in that app itself. After that close the app and check your Online content in Messaging.
    08-09-2013 01:45 PM
    Try this, It works for me. Uninstall the facebook (Microsoft application) app from your phone then re-install it. Now sign in using your credentials and update your news feed for more than 5 times and check your chat section simultaneously in that app itself. After that close the app and check your Online content in Messaging.
    What? Refresh the news feed or add five posts? What would that have to do with sync'ing across Outlook, Facebook and Messaging?
    08-10-2013 09:55 AM
    Mine seems to have stopped working again annoyingly.
    08-10-2013 12:16 PM
    Had a further look and it was working on the 25th but stopped working since then on my 920. The 620 on another sim card is working. Messenger is also working for me on live.com so I'm stumped.
    08-10-2013 01:38 PM
    my facebook chat too!!
    It's started giving me trouble from last 2 days. I tried to disconnect Facebook from Microsoft and reconnecting again, but didn't worked!!
    08-10-2013 02:04 PM
    not working!
    08-10-2013 02:40 PM
    What's annoying is that it works for everybody else in my family! It's only me!
    08-10-2013 02:41 PM
182 1234 ...