Can't connect to chat

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So a few hours after reactivating Bluetooth and tap+send chat disconnected again. Deactivating Bluetooth and tap+send reactivated chat once again.

The weird thing is, I know for a fact that my gf leaves her Bluetooth and tap+send activated, yet she has never had this problem.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So a few hours after reactivating Bluetooth and tap+send chat disconnected again. Deactivating Bluetooth and tap+send reactivated chat once again.

The weird thing is, I know for a fact that my gf leaves her Bluetooth and tap+send activated, yet she has never had this problem.

Mine Facebook Chat were back again today after months off-line but ONLY when BT and Tap+Send OFF.
But the service isn't stable. After a few hours on-line it suddenly turn off Facebook Chat and I need to log off / logon again to get it back working.
Better than nothing!

Last edited:

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Facebook chat happens to be now working on my 920. I had the service deactivated since it not reliable at all (missing messages...). I have reconnected it, made some tests with another facebook account than mine and it seems to be working fine. I did not change anything else. Facebook beta is stille installed, the accounts stayed as is. They must have done something on their side (they beeing microsoft, facebook or whoever is involved).

I have seen other people on another forum saying that it was working again as of last friday.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue before,

If you can't connect to chat, try Turning Off the Facebook chat on settings , and turning it back ON, then Change your availability to anything :) (except for invisible) :)

Hope it works. WP8 Bless you :D

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm noticing something.

When I go to outlook.com and open up the chat pane on the right, it gets stuck on "signing in" and never is able to connect. However, when I go to People, Calendar, or SkyDrive, the chat pane signs in immediately and I am able to chat immediately.

Anyone notice anything similar?

Ian Bugeja

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was skype! I uninstalled it and Facebook chat is working now. Have reinstalled it again and it's still working. Fingers crossed. This skype on WP8 sucks big time. They have not managed to get it working correctly!

cartebIanche

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
:crying:same problem here since 2 months.. i thought it was normal, then when i search for this problem, its a serious problem at all.. i hope microsoft will fix this problem...

from lumia 920 user from philippines

Justin Elze

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Brand new Nokia 1020 same issues won't connect over LTE or Wifi

:-(

Edit: Figured it out when you setup the phone you need to setup the Live/Outlook account with the original account name and not an alias...If you used an alias change it to primary under settings :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So my chat started working again, seemingly with the last update to the Facebook beta. I went to look at the beta settings for notifications and there is no option for tile or toast notifications anymore. I wonder...

Something to check now.

cardpogi

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you guys are using an alias as your primary MS account on your phone. Your primary account on your phone and outlook.com have to match. Either format your phone and change the alias to your primary account, or Go to Outlook.com > Your Account Icon (Top Right Corner) > Account Settings > Add or Change Aliases > Make Primary (On the account which is primary on your phone). Wait around 20 minutes and it should login correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte