Can't connect to chat

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having problems with the Messaging built-in app in WP8? I've been getting the "can't connect to chat" very often since yesterday, regardless of the phone being connected to H+, H, 3G or WiFi. I've had to soft reset it a few times.

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing serious issues with the chat connectivity for almost a week. There's no way to make it connect and I think I didn't do anything to break it :S

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing that would be very useful is delivery and read confirmations in the Messaging app... Or at least a sent confirmation.

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
From MSFT:
[INFO]Many users have reported issues with signing in and receiving Facebook messages in Windows 8 messaging app, Windows Phone messaging hub, and Outlook.com. We are actively working with Facebook to resolve the issue. Other contacts (e.g. Skype) should not be affected.[/INFO]

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here in Brazil. FB chat drops connection every and then.. Also, I noticed Im not able to receive FB message from contacts who sent message from mobile clients (eg. Facebook for iOS) Anyone notice that?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine won't connect at all on 3G or WiFi. My 920 worked fine but I haven't had that for 2 weeks now as it is in for repair, but the 520 I have at the moment just will not connect. I had problems when I first had my 920 but only on 3G it always connected over WiFi. The fact I can't connect on either this time suggests this is either a Facebook/Microsoft problem or the phone.

John Gabriel Decena

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Heres a solution, if you are using wifi, turn off data connection of your phone on yor cellular settings then try restart chat. If you are using 4g turn off the wifi. There is a conflict on data connection if both wifi and data connection is on

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Been having issues for the past few weeks! Very annoying as my family and I use Messenger as our version of "iMessage!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb