Can't connect to chat

Ashley Cooper

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My 920 hasn't been able to connect all week.....everyone else I know who has the 920 is not experiencing the same issue. Is anyone still have this problem or did it magically fix for everyone but me!?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Heres a solution, if you are using wifi, turn off data connection of your phone on yor cellular settings then try restart chat. If you are using 4g turn off the wifi. There is a conflict on data connection if both wifi and data connection is on

Yes, that seems to work often. Also, I've come to the conclussion that at least here in Mexico, the problem seems to be related to a bad connectivity issue with Telcel.

madhu kiran

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
hi, even i too have this problem. i tried resetting my phone, re configured face book, turned battery saver off and almost every possible way i tried, but could not come out of this error.

schrammi

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Problems here too. My facebook chat was fine until I did a hard reset of my phone a few days ago and now it doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion in this thread and nothing seems to work.

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was also having the same problem, could not connect to FB chat. I had tried everything, unlink FB account from MS account, change passwords, change settings but nothing worked.
FB chat worked - sort off - until a couple weeks ago.
I've read on answers.microsoft.com a user suggesting the uninstall of Skype, so in desperation I uninstalled and can you believe it? FB chat can now connect and seems to work.
So if you're having problems connecting to FB chat and have Skype installed, try removing it (does not seem to resolve problems with message lag and other problems).

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Two things,
1. Please ensure that facebook chat option is enabled in messaging settings.
2. If you have Skype installed, uninstall it.

Recheck & revert.

Skype is having some conflict with the facebook chat. It should solve your problem.

pk1982

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My solution: reset phone to factory settings.
I did it yesterday (5 Aug 2013) and still working, I'm online, I receive messages and notifications. There is no more "can't connect to chat" information.
Fortunately I backup-ed everything before the reset and it was not so painful (it took one hour to have brand new phone ;). I did not install skype after, just in case.
Greetings
Paul (htc 8s)

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well... worked for one week... Now reverted back to "can't log in to chat". Apparently MS is aware of this but states that this is a problem on facebook's end.
But us users still can't use on of the key selling points - FB chat integration on WP!!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well... worked for one week... Now reverted back to "can't log in to chat". Apparently MS is aware of this but states that this is a problem on facebook's end.
But us users still can't use on of the key selling points - FB chat integration on WP!!
I have Facebook turned off. My intention is to use Messenger across phone, PC, and tablet. This is all on Microsoft!

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
From MSFT:
[INFO]Many users have reported issues with signing in and receiving Facebook messages in Windows 8 messaging app, Windows Phone messaging hub, and Outlook.com. We are actively working with Facebook to resolve the issue. Other contacts (e.g. Skype) should not be affected.[/INFO]

+1 :'(

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!

Same here with Lumia 920!

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I was also having the same problem, could not connect to FB chat. I had tried everything, unlink FB account from MS account, change passwords, change settings but nothing worked.
FB chat worked - sort off - until a couple weeks ago.
I've read on answers.microsoft.com a user suggesting the uninstall of Skype, so in desperation I uninstalled and can you believe it? FB chat can now connect and seems to work.
So if you're having problems connecting to FB chat and have Skype installed, try removing it (does not seem to resolve problems with message lag and other problems).

I tried the this steps and didn't solve for me.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on my phone a few days after my post in this thread. After I set up the phone again, Chat started working again :). I know this isn't a route that most of you want to take but I thought I'd report it.

Hope it helps. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb