App updates while traveling

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have been travelling alot lately and noticed that every time I am away I do not get notified of updates to my apps no matter if I have roaming on or WiFi.

I have been able to update a few apps via WPC app/links but today I landed at Heathrow and got 26 updates to my apps.

Why is this? I guess it checks the app store you are registered vs location?

My location should not stop me updating my apps...I can update my ipod touch apps wherever I am.

Any one noticed this or got a workaround?
I don't like having to wait for updates when some are quite substantial.

Cheers

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes mine doesn't notify me until late, if I go to the app in the store it shows there's an update but I never got notified. Maybe yours is a worse version of this?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If I stay in the UK I get updates as they are released, only get this issue when I am travelling which is why I am wondering if there is some crazy policy in the background.

cenit

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If I stay in the UK I get updates as they are released, only get this issue when I am travelling which is why I am wondering if there is some crazy policy in the background.
I'm in Japan now with an Italian phone. It works as always: at least for me, once per day (at the same UTC hour), I receive the notification about how many updates I have to do. If, by accident, I don't have coverage at that hour, I have to wait a full day to receive notifications about app updates.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Search for the thread Daily Apps Store Update Schedule Here. We have a discussion where this one member insists updates are pushed through several times a day.

We just let him believe what he was saying. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99