Voice commands issue.

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey peoples,

I have myself a Nokia Lumia and allow me to say, this is the best phone I have ever used, it is fantastic. But there is one issue that I am having with it, voice commands. It does a really good job of detecting what I am saying but in one case, it just won't do what I say. If I want it to txt or to call my girlfriend I say 'text amanda' or 'call amanda', but either it doesn't find the contact or actually searches 'text amanda' as a term. This works with my other contacts, but not with her. Under my people app she is three different accounts linked together, hotmail, facebook and twitter.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Add call Amanda MOBILE/HOME. I had the same problem with my wife's #. After the 1st or 2nd time it catches it, it will get "good" at finding her. Hope it works.

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hrm, alrighty thanks. It tends to find her better if I say her name like 'amnda'. I also added her a nick name that is easier for the phone to understand, that seems to work.

Cheers.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya, you can blame it on the phone. "Sorry honey I tried to call and tell you I was out drinking with my friends but the phone wouldn't let me". :smile:

angel51woo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
i choose use 1,2,3... for my fav contact, also no other links except mobile#. with bluetooth in my car, works good: read, reply all done easily

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos