Sigh... Another Bing Wallpaper Issue

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've searched the forums for a solution but none in existing threads, so I'm creating this.

I've got bing images as my wallpapers which changes everyday. The problem is, my wallpaper shows the US bing image for that day instead of uk images. The bing search app from the bing search button shows UK, just like my W8 desktop and the internet. I used to wonder why the discrepancies but then I started monitoring it with this site which confirmed my suspicion Bing Image Archive
I'm in the UK, EVERYTHING in my settings, location, keyboard, is English (UK). Is my phone cursed?

Image of my lock screen showing the US image

wp_ss_20130622_0001.jpg

Image of the bing search app

wp_ss_20130622_0002.jpg

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Did it ever use the UK version for the lockscreen? How about other UK users chiming in?

I am in the US so I can't help at all... I did have to disable the Bing lockscreen in my L920 because for me it never updated properly which is extremely annoying. I am using Photostream.

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems it has always been on the US version. It updates quite regularly as it should. Guess I'll just have to live with it till I have to reset the phone and see if it stays with the UK version.

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried that numerous times, even using weather flows' bing wallpaper and using a photo for a while, soft resetting. Still the same

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte