Over excited about gdr and amber update cant wait anymore :-]

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No, you aren't. It's not just Nokia users that want this update either, we all do, and seeing as the Nokia "Zombie iPhone Users" advert features a 925 with the Amber update I don't think we'll have long to wait either.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's a different story for Nokia users. But with my HTC 8X, no, I'm not excited at all. There will be some minor features, nothing special; nothing to catch up to the competition.

Don't get me wrong, I like Windows Phone, but from an user's view it's more or less in the same state as it was when Windows Phone 7 was released, except we don't have Zune anymore; and it will be more or less in the same state with the next update.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's a different story for Nokia users. But with my HTC 8X, no, I'm not excited at all. There will be some minor features, nothing special; nothing to catch up to the competition.

Don't get me wrong, I like Windows Phone, but from an user's view it's more or less in the same state as it was when Windows Phone 7 was released, except we don't have Zune anymore; and it will be more or less in the same state with the next update.
wont 8x users get data sense, fm radio and xbox music improvements too?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
wont 8x users get data sense, fm radio and xbox music improvements too?

FM radio was in Windows Phone 7, I wouldn't need Xbox Music improvements with Zune, and I don't need Data Sense because I check directly with my provider (as Microsoft seems to need years to implement such a function). All I am saying is that it's nothing exciting for me :)

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
not really looking forward to it the additions that the update is supposed to bring are very minor and nothing major that the platform needs like a notification center, better multitasking, or different sets of volume control for notifications and custom notification sounds. Its amazing how slow its taking to address these features

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Not at all, as I said before there's not a lot in the update that is super exciting.

I think this is your 10th thread about this though...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My biggest want from it is FM radio. I listen to a lot of sports radio. They play local baseball games over the radio but, will not stream over the internet (MLB charges like $40 a year for that). I want this now ! !!!

I still pull out my HTC Trophy to listen to the radio when doing stuff in the yard. It would be nice to be able to use my New Nokia Lumia 928 and not have to pull out the old phone...

As far as I know those improvements are across the board, yeah.

Yea accept models that dont support hardware, like the Lumia 620 (?) does not have the hardware for the FM radio.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
From looking at the 925 reviews with Amber, not much has changed so prepare to be disappointed now. It's more of a bug fix than big feature change.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
But the L925 is rolling out with GDR2, so he does have a Point.

I don't believe this statement is correct. I believe the Lumia 925 has the Amber firmware update, but not the GDR2 software update. Otherwise we would see FM Radio support and new Xbox Music improvements on Lumia 925's.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe this statement is correct. I believe the Lumia 925 has the Amber firmware update, but not the GDR2 software update. Otherwise we would see FM Radio support and new Xbox Music improvements on Lumia 925's.

You might want to look at this, bottom of the post: Nokia

It's unclear whether GDR2 will be bundled with Amber but that's the current thinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo