Does windows phone toast notifications actually not working probably?
    I have triad so many apps (during full year of having lumia 800 and 920) with toast notifications and actually no one is working perfectly with toast notifications, in my opinion that's mean wp has trouble not the apps... Help me to understand what's the problem
    06-23-2013 11:27 AM
    Does windows phone toast notifications actually not working probably?
    I have triad so many apps (during full year of having lumia 800 and 920) with toast notifications and actually no one is working perfectly with toast notifications, in my opinion that's mean wp has trouble not the apps... Help me to understand what's the problem
    Do you have the background tasks enabled? or is your phone always on battery saver mode?
    06-23-2013 11:33 AM
    First time seeing complain toast is not working. Unless you mean notification as a whole is not working. If the a pushed message comes in, the toast will work just fine. The problem with WP is that the pushed message itself is not coming in consistently.
    06-23-2013 11:56 AM
    I've had problems with delayed toasts and, in some isolated incidents, toasts that never came through at all. I agree that they're not perfect.

...on second thought, maybe I never had any lost toasts but I just wasn't able to catch them when they were displayed. Still annoying.
    06-23-2013 12:06 PM
    Yes background task enabled, and no its not on battery mode... The problem is that they often delayed and sometimes not showing at all like the facebook app for example... If i compare it with android, android notifications is better in reliability and on time.. Another thing is why sometimes the background agent for some apps simply blocked and sometimes they didn't unblock even after opening the app...
    06-23-2013 12:58 PM
    delays are probably due to carrier delays in processing not the hardware. With WPC and the unification notification and toast notification the latter generally comes before trhe toast notification by a few seconds or more on my 920 and then by the time the toast is here I'm already the article on WPC
    06-23-2013 01:42 PM
    delays are probably due to carrier delays in processing not the hardware. With WPC and the unification notification and toast notification the latter generally comes before trhe toast notification by a few seconds or more on my 920 and then by the time the toast is here I'm already the article on WPC
    I'm sure it's not solely the carrier delays. It delayed even on ADSL -> Wifi at home.
    On my Windows Phone, An IM like Skype or Line would delay around 1 minute to about a day or never come at all.
    And I use them for serious business talks and appointments.

Yes, this is a very serious problem.
    Last edited by Ittipan Langkulanon; 07-17-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    07-17-2013 05:43 AM
    i thought that was the case but the app photoplay doesn't have any problem pushing notifications. that said, i don't have a lot of background tasks enabled nor do i have a lot of apps that uses background tasks installed.
    07-17-2013 06:06 AM
    Recently (last 2 weeks) im not getting any notifications through from any apps or if I do they are really delayed. Facebook notifications come through days after the post, twitter & Skype message notifications don't come up at all, turns on alphajax show up 6 hours after a move has been played, Xbox games popped up with a toast showing 6 notifications yesterday for beacons and turns on alphajax that were months old.

However, live tiles for my groups always update as do emails

All my settings are as they should be and nothing has been recently changed from when I was getting notifications. Its a small annoyance but nothing I cant live with.
    07-17-2013 06:20 AM
    Me too. Now has GDR3 (Developer's Preview) - no changes on notifications - all is either late or doesn't arrive at all. My girlfriend is abroad. When it's night there, it's morning here. It's important that I get her messages on time or one will end up sleeping. I love Windows Phone 8. Lack of apps in Store isn't even a problem for me. Just this notification. Third update should have already solved this. Maybe it's just me but I believe phone is primarily for communication.
    11-18-2013 04:17 AM
    My notifications on ME tile works ok. I found Whatsapp worked very well. However toasts from Facebook app are terrible, sometimes hours/days late. I don't use any other social apps so not sure how bad the rest are.

I've heard several possibilities as to why this is but none sounded satisfying.
    11-18-2013 06:01 AM
    If it's any consolation, in my experience notifications work badly on all mobile OSs (except for basic phone stuff like SMS's and missed calls).
    11-18-2013 06:35 AM
    Actually, I found that whatsapp is now really good, and warns you when notifications are not working properly. It asks you to restart your phone. I find this helpful to know when the system isn't working. Seems like something wrong at the OS level. Restarting the phone or the radios (flight mode on then off) seems to resolve the problem. So yes, it's definitely a bug / problem, but that's my current work around.
    11-18-2013 06:50 AM
    If Twitter for Windows Phone has notifications trouble constantly on your phone, then I guess it has to some network related issues or your phone, I've never seen an app that brings toasts as fast as the Twitter app, must also say Whatsapp is very stable here.
    11-18-2013 07:00 AM
    The only time my 920 ever had any problems with toast updates is when my clock time got messed up.
    11-18-2013 07:02 AM
    My notifications on ME tile works ok. I found Whatsapp worked very well. However toasts from Facebook app are terrible, sometimes hours/days late. I don't use any other social apps so not sure how bad the rest are.

I've heard several possibilities as to why this is but none sounded satisfying.
    It does seem to vary by app, with Facebook notifications being the least reliable across all platforms (except the web browser), in my experience.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 11-19-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Remove off topic text
    11-18-2013 02:13 PM