Hacker Update: Get Nokia Collection on HTC and Temple Run on 512MB Phone

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Apparently A WP developer in China named Reker has found a way to simulate model information and install Nokia-only apps on all WP, ignoring the limitation on brand, model and memory. He's released a proxy for demo :

1. connect to WIFI and make sure you completely exit Marketplace
2. tap and hold on wifi connection until popup menu appear, choose edit
3. enable proxy, use 117.135.139.179 as server, and 8888 as port
4. open Marketplace and search. For example, search temple run on htc 8x or Lumia 620. Click the app, wait for install/try button show up
5. Go back to wifi setting and disable proxy
6. Now your good to go. One click and can install the app on your phone.

He tested some apps, Temple Run works perfect on lumia 620 (Joe got smoked) and other HTC phones.
Panorama, Smart Shot and many other camera apps also no problem
Storage check and all "setting" related apps won't work after installed.
Real Racing 2 cannot be installed.

He's not going to release the trick, because the main purpose is to show people with HTC phone how amazing WP can be with Nokia Collection. In his opinion, currently only Nokia was putting resource into improve WP experience and ecosystem, other OEM just build and sell phones. "So please support Nokia."
temp.jpg

As a sidenote, Reker has found a way to jailbreak Huawei W1, HTC 8X and successfully installed a custom rom with storage check and static IP address for WIFI. He's working on Nokia phone now.

In my opinion, Reker is doing great. He's good at WP, and as a hacker he's well aware of the possibility that Jailbreak may harm the community. Technique in a controlled hand can always be a good "different voice".

Last edited:

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I could not successfully install the panorama app on my Samsung ativ s, I got man of steel but I am having no luck with any other apps

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, how can I get "I'm a musician - Piano" from LG's collection (free app my kids love) and HTC Flashlight on my Lumia 928 ? Will this process work with LG's collection or HTC's on a Nokia ???

Tried connecting to the proxy and bring these apps up, not avaialbe for your device....Dam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99