error 403 forbidden

Chirag Vaya

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to run a website on my Lumia 720 but it displays the following error - You font have permission to view this page. Error 403 forbidden. I cant open the website in ie10 or uc browser. And this site works fine on android and also on my laptop. The site is academics.vit.ac.in

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Well from my guess, it's a server side problem as it gives a 403 error, which has to do with file permissions... Maybe they blocked out your windows phone from accessing the page, your best bet would be asking the web masters. :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am running the site for the first time. And it running fine with other phones. I dont think its a server side problem.

Those other phones have no problems with permissions from the server(s) somehow your windows phone has issues check with the webmasters and/or IT

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is, web browsers only show error 403 if the server sends that to the device. So, even if it seems unlikely, ask webmaster/IT like what the others and I suggested!

madwoota

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've come across this before.

You have the setting for "Website preference" in IE settings (on the phone) set to "Desktop version". Change it to "Mobile version" and the page will load fine.

(Tested and verified on my Lumia 800)

Melina Glufcios

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
hello.i have a nokia lumia925 and i also have this problem.it won't acces any site,but on apllications it work.it gives the same error 403 on google or on any site.what should i do.i also change my desktop mode to mobile and viceversa but nothing changed.help please

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes