MS keeps shooting themselves in the foot. I've had enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm done! I've had it with Microsoft and their Windows Phone. Why should i care bout it if they themselves don't seem to give a **** about thier own OS. For the record, I've been using Windows Phone since January 2011 (HTC Trophy) and I'm currently using my third windows phone, HTC 8X.

Microsoft keeps releasing their own apps with more features for other platforms then on windows phone. Just take a look at Skype, it has voice messaging. Want more proof, they release the smartglass app for Android and iOS. Smartglass is supposed to be unique for WP. I really wondwer what the hell is going on in thier brains sometimes. It's like they want WP to fail.

I understand that bringing their apps to other platforms will bring them profit since the user base for iOS and Android is much more than WP but when developer or even consumers see this you know hat goes on their mind?

Developers: MS is focusing their app efforts more for iOS and Android, i should do the same since MS probably think their OS won't bring much money in.
Consumers: Why should i get a WP when thier great apps like Skype, Skydrive and Smartglass is available for android. Plus android has loads of app.

I thought this trend would stop from MS but it clearly hasn't. Microsoft you are dumb. That's what you are. You keep making stupid decisions. Firstly the Windows RT, then the Xbox One and now your own OS, Windows Phone. I'm leaving for iOS/Android this fall. I may come back, but probably 2-3 years down the road when you realize how dumb you have become.:angry::angry::angry:

PS: Sorry if i'm giving off this negative vibe but i'm just tired of waiting. If they are thinking long term, then maybe i should hope back on when their long term efforts have paid off.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought this trend would stop from MS but it clearly hasn't. Microsoft you are dumb. That's what you are. You keep making stupid decisions. Firstly the Windows RT, then the Xbox One and now your own OS, Windows Phone. I'm leaving for iOS/Android this fall. I may come back, but probably 2-3 years down the road when you realize how dumb you have become.:angry::angry::angry:

You should just make a slight alteration to your last sentence - You'll come back in 2-3 years when you realise how dumb you were for leaving.

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
how long have you been using windows phone? i was an early adopter and i've been really patient but there's a limit to everyone's patience. If you think what Microsoft is doing is beneficial for Windows Phone, please enlighten me

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The Skype team for other platforms is different than on the WP side of things. Those features were already in the works probably before MS even acquired Skype. Most likely the development teams are still the same with the difference that MS just happens to own it now. It'll get there, it's just pretty much the youngest version of Skype on WP.

As for the others, "Smartglass is supposed to be unique for WP", why on earth? Why would they gimp themselves like that when Xbox is like the biggest gaming console brand out there? Why would they limit such functionality to a tiny fraction of Xbox owners? I get that you think that you are entitled to everything exclusive that is MS product, but that would just be REALLY bad business for them.

Similarly not bringing over Skydrive to all platforms would be a great way to ensure they will never stand a chance against Google drive, for example. You really have no idea what you are talking about here.

MS definitely isn't focusing their effort "more" on other platforms, that's for certain. Simply portin some games over to strengthen the Xbox franchise hardly means they focus more on other platforms.

Food for your thought, a good old parable from the Bible:

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
1“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2He agreed to pay them a denarius[SUP]a[/SUP] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
3“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5So they went.
“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
7“ ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’
8“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
9“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
13“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
16“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't like this thread. He sounds very violent. I understand what you're going through. glad I'm getting my Lumia 720 soon :D

I also don't like that fact you call people dumb. very disrespectful. Do you have ANY respect for people???? because judging on your behaviour here. You definitely do not.

You need to understand that MS is trying to get their brand repaired. doing this helps them

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
how long have you been using windows phone? i was an early adopter and i've been really patience, back then the app count was less than 10,000

Since windows 6.5.

Bottom line is you are completely misunderstanding why MS put apps on competing platforms. Short term they generate more revenue and get more consumers using there apps - long term those consumers realise the apps they use and rely on are better and cheaper/free on WP and switch ecosystems

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sure MS has done some silly things but will it kill them and WP?

No.

how long have you been using windows phone? i was an early adopter and i've been really patient but there's a limit to everyone's patience. If you think what Microsoft is doing is beneficial for Windows Phone, please enlighten me

Is Halo: Spartan Assault coming to iOS and Android? No.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sure MS has done some silly things but will it kill them and WP?

No.

Is Halo: Spartan Assault coming to iOS and Android? No.

dude I think you should just ignore him. he's clearly angry and keeping to himself does help people clam down. I'M NOT LETTING THESE THREADS RUIN THE COMMUNITY!!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Since windows 6.5.

Bottom line is you are completely misunderstanding why MS put apps on competing platforms. Short term they generate more revenue and get more consumers using there apps - long term those consumers realise the apps they use and rely on are better and cheaper/free on WP and switch ecosystems

But they aren't better, cheaper or free on WP and seriously, if a WP user won't switch for better apps on other platforms no one is going to switch to WP for fewer and worse apps for the sake of a few Microsoft games and services they already get on their current platform.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]Let's keep the aggressive tones down. We understand you are frustrated but swearing etc isn't going to help your cause.[/WARN]

Anyways, with that said, yeah, I think MS are making some stupid decisions in the short term but I agree with the sentiments that in the long term this is going to pay off for MS.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]Let's keep the aggressive tones down. We understand you are frustrated but swearing etc isn't going to help your cause.[/WARN]

Anyways, with that said, yeah, I think MS are making some stupid decisions in the short term but I agree with the sentiments that in the long term this is going to pay off for MS.

Agreed. People just don't understand that MS is focusing long term. Look at Xbox for example.

what my friends says to people "Welcome to the generation of stupid people" "Save the nerds and Geeks from extinction"

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
when you had the worse choice of the current gen WP phone, that add some significant weight to your anger. I am happy with Lumia.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Put just don't understand that MS is focusing long term. Look at Xbox for example.

Exactly, how long were Microsoft throwing money at Xbox and how long did it take for it to become profitable? I think this is one of those "throw money at raising awareness" type moves. Although if it's true that WP aren't getting the Xbox games that the iPhone is getting, then I can understand why people are going thermonuclear. But that doesn't really excuse some of the aggressive tones.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Its amazing how these threads always start by someone that thinks they are owed the world.

Always by new members that log on just to start a I hate MS thread and always when an announcement comes along that they don't like.

Its the forum version of clickbait

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, how long were Microsoft throwing money at Xbox and how long did it take for it to become profitable? I think this is one of those "throw money at raising awareness" type moves. Although if it's true that WP aren't getting the Xbox games that the iPhone is getting, then I can understand why people are going thermonuclear. But that doesn't really excuse some of the aggressive tones.

dude should consider tightening the rules here and other mobile nations. like terms and conditions. we are happy people and it's going to stay that way :)

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
i'm not violent lol..
I just don't see how the repo of windows phone will get better when people can get thier apps for other platforms.
a the moment, i think Nokia is pushing WP more than Microsoft is.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i'm not violent lol..
I just don't see how the repo of windows phone will get better when people can get thier apps for other platforms.
a the moment, i think Nokia is pushing WP more than Microsoft is.

dude isn't that the reason for the restructuring of MS??? I think you should wait and see what happens before jumping conclusions. also you MUST running a MASSIVE company is hard work. MS has other things to focus as well. unlike Nokia they just have mobile. when you run a school like me. as HOD of Social Sciences. I stress a lot. same thing as a massive company

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too was taken aback at this news, but we all need to sit back, relax, have a pint and see what Microsoft has up its sleeve. I like this OS too much to leave.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
dude should consider tightening the rules here and other mobile nations. like terms and conditions. we are happy people and it's going to stay that way :)

Not my call to make I'm afraid. Consider me as being one of the front-line police officers (with Ambassadors being the Police Community Support Officers), and the Team Leaders and the Community Manager being the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99