hp compaq (PDA) not recognizes by Mobil Version 6.1.6965 in windows 7

Samsnov

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, please help, I have hp compaq pocket PC (PDA) h3850, each time I connect it to my hp Laptop computer, my computer recognized it just for a second and the whole icon went away , the point is that I am unable to synchronize with it using my computer. I have Windows Mobil Version 6.1.6965 installed in my computer and run Windows 7 64 bit family Premium edition.
The Mobil Version 6.1.6965 in my system don?t seems to be ready to know if I have anything connected to computer or not.
I needed to upgrade my hp Compaq h3850 PDA to a newer OS and I can?t do this without connecting it to my computer.
Please help, thank in advance.
The picture of the attachment is the hp compaq PDA

Attachments

• H3850.jpg
    H3850.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 16

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Do you have ActivSync installed on your PC? You will need ActivSync to get the necessary USB drivers.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Since you have a W7 machine, you need to have Windows Mobile Device Manager (WMDC) installed. Make sure you have USB selected as your PC connection service on your iPaq's ActiveSync settings. When all else fails, restart your computer and do a soft reset on the PDA. There is a nuclear option which is available to you since you have the Premium version of W7 - XP mode. I've had to use XPM many times to flash custom ROMs on iPaqs.

Samsnov

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
First, Thank you all for the time that you have rendered trying to help me out, but it is unbelievable what I am experiencing.
Reply to Dave Blake, Yes I have Windows Mobil installed in my computer which overrides ActiveSync to my understanding, ActiveSync may not work with windows 7.
Fatcule_88, Yes I selected USB from my Compaq H3850 PDA as my PC connection service, I have performed a soft reset also but the same scenario.
The point is that the Driver that recognizes the Compact IPAQ H3850 is present on my computer because each time I connect it a USB icon appear at the taskbar (bellow right corner of the PC screen) and I will go to verify from the Device Manager and discover that the driver is present with Compaq image icon named Mobile Devices I will click on drop down list and see Compaq iPAQ USB Sync but windows Mobil 6.1 that I have on my computer is nowhere to be found reacting and when looked at the computer had wares the Compaq iPAQ H3850 icon is not present while the sign from the taskbar is showing that a USB device is present or connected yet my PDA is also telling me unconnected.
Its reaction it that once I connect it using the USB to my computer under a second it will synchronize and show connected and at the same moment everything will go off again the Synco will turn back to tell you unconnected.
Please are there steps that I should take to make this work, I can’t afford to dump this device even do technologically it is not that present but I so much love it that I can’t afford to drop it.
Thank you for everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss