I'm a believer...

Nursedad

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Greetings to the WP community...my new mobile family.

I am a recent convert to the WP universe and thought I would share my general observations.

My background includes experience in the iOS and Android universe. Most recently I upgraded from Android on a Galaxy Note 2.

I use the word "upgraded" purposely as I truly believe that I made the right choice to move to WP.

I've been on a Lumia 928 for about 1 month now and though a bit skeptical at first and initially questioning my decision...now I find myself completely at home in the WP environment.

Now the whys:

- Not a single crash...not one.
- Tight integration with the information I want.
- Live tiles
- The camera...oh my!
- one step social updates
- Buttery smooth
- And finally...I appreciate the ingenuity. iOS and Android are essentially in a battle of copying each at this point. For them...its about who can come up with the next gee wow feature. This OS's focus clearly has the user experience as the main priority.

Glad to be part of this community now. I'll be here for a long time to come.

pdaniel219

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I too am a recent WP convert. I love the interface. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the switch, I really loved my android, but it was the Nokia build quality that got me started wanting to switch. I'm glad I did. I have no regrets. The only thing I miss is stickman golf and plague inc. Hopefully they'll make their way here. I'm a big cheerleader for WP now. I try to tell everyone about it.
Love this forum too. Thanks for all the great info, people!

BeetleComet

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to the Windows Phone Community! I've been with Windows Phone for years now when it started. I am actually only new to the forums though. I will say you made a great choice! I currently have the Nokia Lumia 820 and I love it! Does everything I want/need it to do and its perfect!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Nursedad and pdaniel great to see new faces around WPCentral. It might take a little bit to get used to but it's really easy to use when you've adjusted and if you have any problems you're in the right place to ask questions.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
8.1 will definitely have notification, we're hoping to get it for Christmas :)
Yes, after 3 years :)

WP is very good platform. But it's very slow on feature implementing. Even very simple and useful ones. What we will get in next GDR? Flip to silence? Super! 6 months to implement single feature. I really want to see faces of WP team developers!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I came from WP7 to WP8 and I would say the former is waaay more stable, things just dont crash,

My Lumia 720:
1) Crashes a lot, goes into a weird state of freeze, I have to press volume down + power to make it work again, and when its back on, the time and date are wrong.
2) Lock screen bug, information presented on the lock screen get messed up a lot, and I mean a lot, I see the battery instead of the date, the signal bars are where the app notifications should be (really bad)
3) Skype is a disaster.
4) Multi tasking is weird and total rubbish, you have no idea what apps are running in background and which are just frozen. although I think it works amazingly with native apps.
5) apps resume :S, when you switch between apps, it makes this amazing animation of going into the app, then gives you a black screen for half a second then turns the app on, which gives a very bad experience.
6) Nokia drive doesn't work in other countries. Nokia, i lived in my country for 25 years now! i know it by heart, its when i travel i need GPS the most you morons! not the other way around! (who thinks of these things)
7) i wish i can change my 720 into a more high end device (maybe those issues were not presented).
8) thank god the battery is good and by good i mean it lasts a day, not like those images in the forum of the phone lasting 2-3 days!
i was let down by the company that i truly like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans