Windows Phone Apps Taking Up Very Little Space (compared to Android)

Joshua Kohler

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I came from Android to Windows Phone 8 awhile back and everytime I was on Android I would usually throw apps onto my SD Card to save space. Now that I am on WP8 I notice app sizes show they only take up a few megabytes in the store. Is that really the case? If so, why are the apps so small compared to the Android apps?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I do not know why, but that's why I am completely fine with my 16GB 8X. Still 5.5GB left with lots of music, photos, and apps on here. It might be because the apps don't need to use a whole lot of resources to run on WP8 as opposed to Android. I'm not a computer scientist, though. Only a high school student lol

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that compared to the iPhone as well. Where the 8GB on my 521 (with media on the SD). I thought app space might be tight, but so far, it hasn't been.

Maybe the .NET MSIL is more compact than the native binaries on IOS and Android.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
because WP is much more efficient at managing space and processing speed than lagdroid which leads to less space used and faster apps

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
i've just counted mine, i have in total 179 apps installed using a total of (5.6 gb - 4.9 gb + 675 mb app data according to nokia's storage check) and to date I have not noticed a single slowdown or micro stutter in the O/S itself applications that depends how they are coded like with any other platform but even then I haven't had a single one hang one me yet. I even had Nova 3, modern combat 4 and real football installed at one point and didnot notice any difference in performance.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
On WP8 and iOS, you can install as many apps as you want and won't affect the OS performance. Android is the opposite in my experience with multiple Android phones. They will slow down your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb