Would you want an extra columns of of live tiles?

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Pretty simple one really!

The comments on this article got me thinking, there is quite a split between those who would like an extra column of live tiles and those who think its a terrible idea.

What are your thoughts? How should it be implemented? Should there be hardware limitations? If you wouldn't use it, then why not?

I am firmly in the group who would like to see this feature, sooner rather than later. For me, the beauty of the WP8 platform is in the live tiles, and I want to see as much information as I can populating my start screen. I see the potential of this being an "enabler" to my life.... rather than me searching for information, the information comes to me.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't hurt to have more tile size options than you would actually use.

To quote Lindsay and Tobias Funke: "Then at least we have it."

Different sizes I'm always open to, but this isn't about different sizes, this is just squishing the 3 sizes we already have.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only one who reads sometimes. Extra row is available to 1080p devices only which means the screen will have to be 5 inches or larger by default.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only one who reads sometimes. Extra row is available to 1080p devices only which means the screen will have to be 5 inches or larger by default.

That's strange, cause I read the article and couldn't find a single place where it mentions it's 1080p devices only. Actually I couldn't find a single mentioning of an extra column of tiles at all!

And since when is 1080p 5 inches or more by default? The HTC One is 4.7 inches and 1080p.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I would like an extra row of live tiles. I wouldn't want an extra column, I'd prefer to stack more vertically instead of horizontally. If we need an extra column to balance out an extra row so the tiles didn't look funky, I'd deal with it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind having it as an option - something that could be toggled - I rearrange my start screen weekly depending on what I use the most - would be good to have a profile option that could switch to a defined set up - say im out taking a lot of pictures on my 1020 and I want all the photo apps at the top having 3 rows would be useful then but during the week at work I could have a business profile that I can switch back to 2 rows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)