Possible Features Coming to WP

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Now this is purely for Fun, I don't know if these features will be in windows phone, I'm just assuming S###

On the User Voice, These are the ones that got a reply from an Admin

"Thanks for your ______ suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature. While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes and suggestions coming!"

Feature Suggestions: Top (30110 ideas)

• Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications
  • Add File Manager to Windows Phone
  • Close app on multi task screen
  • Store apps & attachments on external storage and improve/provide micro SD support
  • Under status bar, we need a shortcut to turn on/off connections and Internet sharing
  • Slide to the right on main screen to enable notifications
  • Allow a simple flick upward to close applications in the multitasking view
  • Battery Percentage at the status bar
  • Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP
  • FM Radio
  • Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS
  • Make Xbox Video compatible with Windows Phone
  • Allow pasting in the phone dialer

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
this is really interesting, since we already have *some* of the features from the list, such as: FM Radio, Blinking LED (in fact is the Start in Amber), Allow pasting in phone dialer
so the others, why not? :D

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
this is really interesting, since we already have *some* of the features from the list, such as: FM Radio, Blinking LED (in fact is the Start in Amber), Allow pasting in phone dialer
so the others, why not? :D

Basically what i was thinking

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly not trolling, but I had nearly all those features (except the ones regarding Zune and Xbox Video) in a five year old Nokia E71 running Symbian.

Just saying.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly not trolling, but I had nearly all those features (except the ones regarding Zune and Xbox Video) in a five year old Nokia E71 running Symbian.

Just saying.

Most of the most desired features are considered 'old' on other platforms. Sad reality is that there are a lot of people on this forum who won't want any of them. They like WP as is and think the way things are now is just perfect. Or that MS will make things more perfect 'their way'.

I've come to the conclusion that WP is for the general smartphone user and that's why I don't see many advance features coming to it. I'd could be mistaken but I sort of doubt it.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Just saying.

I luved my E71 too ! You know there is something wrong with a platform that makes the Symbian actually look good......

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
General smartphone users need more of the "usual take for granted" features, And with superior functionality. only selected few "intelligent, unique, wp hardcore fans" would accept whatever windows is doing to be best.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
He's a site admin, not an MS vice president. In the 1.5 years I've had this phone I've paged back more than a day in messaging twice. oh doom and gloom. =/

I was talking about general attitude of WP users when someone posts about a missing features.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Just saying.

Haha, so true! Thanks mate! You just brought back memories of my Nokia E72. I really believe the E71 and E72 were some of the finest phones in their time. It's still sitting in my drawer. That notification light was so gorgeous! I love my 920 all the same though -- Nokia is working with what (little) MS has given them. Long Live Nokia!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Give it time, Windows is young. Damn people think this **** happens over night. Took IOS and Android years to get this far.

In nature, the young either learn fast and grow up quickly or get eaten. When iOS came out, Apple were the only real predator in the jungle and had the luxury of time to evolve without having to look over its shoulder every minute. Android came along and preyed at the opposite end of the food chain (cheap but quite well featured handsets) for a while, keeping out of Apple's way while it honed its survival instincts. It's now evolved into a predator to rival (and perhaps even dominate) iOS.

WP is entering the fray late and needs to quickly establish a survival strategy because it doesn't really have anywhere to hide. It's off to a good start, but unfortunately MS does not have the luxury of time to sort out how it's going to play this game. It's the new kid in an already crowded and streetwise block. iOS and Android wont stand still and relinquish market share easily. Blackberry may be the 'easy prey' for MS in the short term, but even there it needs to be more competitive on the enterprise front.

So basically, it's all well and good to call for the punters to give WP8 the benefit of the doubt and time to develop. But the competition's fierce and that argument is going to wear thin pretty fast. Coming late to market has its pitfalls, and lack of time to develop and prove oneself is one of them.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
No orientation lock :( If that's not in the next update I might drive to MS and give them a piece of my mind. It's not really a hard function to add.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The problem is MS has a funny habit of letting his customers down for as simple as not supporting many popular video files (i know that some have said it relates to some copyright issue which i don't understand), not displaying emoticons as they should appear (textual emoticons), proper file managing system

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Give it time, Windows is young. Damn people think this **** happens over night. Took IOS and Android years to get this far.

Windows Phone has been around since October 2010..... the give it time argument would have been absolutely valid 2 years ago. There is really no excuse for those features missing in 2013 .

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone has been around since October 2010..... the give it time argument would have been absolutely valid 2 years ago. There is really no excuse for those features missing in 2013 .

This is also an irritating, and highly convenient argument, if you remember that Windows Phone 8 is actually the 4th (maybe 5th) redo of the mobile OS game.
There was Pocket PC, Windows Mobile which made it up to version 6.x, when it was largely competing against Symbian and a wide open field, before it was ditched, then Windows Phone 7, yet another re-do and Windows Phone 8. There was also the Kin debacle, which could be viewed as still another re-do.

So yeah, the 'it's still young' argument doesn't hold all that much water for me.

If anything, WP8 given how long Microsoft had been working on it, and what they'd learned over the trial and error of all their re-dos, should have shipped feature *stacked* out of the gate.

safeer2222

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Now this is purely for Fun, I don't know if these features will be in windows phone, I'm just assuming S###

On the User Voice, These are the ones that got a reply from an Admin

"Thanks for your ______ suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature. While we can?t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes and suggestions coming!"

Feature Suggestions: Top (30110 ideas)

• Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications
  • Add File Manager to Windows Phone
  • Close app on multi task screen
  • Store apps & attachments on external storage and improve/provide micro SD support
  • Under status bar, we need a shortcut to turn on/off connections and Internet sharing
  • Slide to the right on main screen to enable notifications
  • Allow a simple flick upward to close applications in the multitasking view
  • Battery Percentage at the status bar
  • Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP
  • FM Radio
  • Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS
  • Make Xbox Video compatible with Windows Phone
  • Allow pasting in the phone dialer

One more.
[*]Add Bluetooth support to send videos.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is also an irritating, and highly convenient argument, if you remember that Windows Phone 8 is actually the 4th (maybe 5th) redo of the mobile OS game.
There was Pocket PC, Windows Mobile which made it up to version 6.x, when it was largely competing against Symbian and a wide open field, before it was ditched, then Windows Phone 7, yet another re-do and Windows Phone 8. There was also the Kin debacle, which could be viewed as still another re-do.

So yeah, the 'it's still young' argument doesn't hold all that much water for me.

If anything, WP8 given how long Microsoft had been working on it, and what they'd learned over the trial and error of all their re-dos, should have shipped feature *stacked* out of the gate.

Though I agree wholeheartedly with you and with everyone else wanting more features on WP I think you need to rethink your thinking... The argument you're going to get from those who are right into the way WP is and like it that way will simply say this is WP, take or leave it. WP is not meant to be another 'Android/Symbian' type device. It's a mass consumer device following in Apple's footsteps. 'Notficiations' are on tiles, a file system is not need or required, etc. If you haven't heard them all you haven't been on this forum too long.

If you're looking for a phone that offers advanced features that you feel you need then you might be on the wrong platform. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for many of the features listed above or expect them to be in the 'fashion' that you expect. MS does things their way and expect you to conform to it. I know that they make a statement, WP, uniquely yours, doesn't mean you getting what you want.

That's pretty much where I am at the moment. I've become sort of resigned to the fact that WP probably won't ever satisfy my needs 100% but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised with WP8.1. However, I'm not expecting much and most likely to change platforms come the first qtr of 2014.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)