Notification Sound Manager Idea.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, reading another thread where people complained about missing features on WP - specifically on not having customisable tone for SMS etc - I had an thought that there must be a more elegant way of approaching the problem than just copying what other platforms do. Then I had an idea which I thought I'd share, even if only to be told that Symbian had this feature 5 years ago. ;)

My idea is for a centralised Notification Sound Manager, a program with it's own area of memory which would allow users to load whatever sound they want as a notification and then assign that sound to whatever notification they like. Then it occurred to me that a small area could be walled off to allow developers to add custom sounds for their apps.

It seems to me that this might provide a simple and powerful way of adding several function simultaneously, rather than doing it piecemeal as it seems right now.

So, what do you think?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Am not a coder, but I can change my notification (sms, email etc.,) sounds on my 720, however I cannot add newer sounds into the options, like a personalized tone or something like that. A personalized tone can only be added for your ringtone, nothing else ;).

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but that was my point.

Microsoft would have to code the idea themselves, but it would seem to me a comparatively simple way to extend the personalisation options for users, without the huge overhead coding everything separately would entail.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I was watching Iron man 3 and I saw the scene where he jumps into the sea, Jarvis says "Take a deep breathe sir" and I was like "Hey, I want that for my sms tune" and I realized, boy I use a wp8 and I can do nothing about it...
I miss the customization of sms but doesn't make my life miserable if I can't change it ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo