Does the Facebook app REALLY have to be the reason I don't say with WP? :(

t3chnick

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the new Facebook app is that it's incredibly slow, laggy and choppy. You send a message through chat and it takes 1-2 seconds to appear. Everything from clicking links to something as simple as 'liking' is slow and choppy. It feels like a bad webapp and nothing like a natively coded one.

a whole 1-2 seconds? That's unbearable, imagine all the other things you could be doing in that time :p

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the new Facebook app is that it's incredibly slow, laggy and choppy. You send a message through chat and it takes 1-2 seconds to appear. Everything from clicking links to something as simple as 'liking' is slow and choppy. It feels like a bad webapp and nothing like a natively coded one.

The horror.....the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the point is that the app doesn't perform as well as it does on other platforms which isn't cool. 2 seconds is a long time for some people especially if you are used to it being instantaneous. It may not be a long time for other people.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the point is that the app doesn't perform as well as it does on other platforms which isn't cool. 2 seconds is a long time for some people especially if you are used to it being instantaneous. It may not be a long time for other people.

Not wworking as well as on other platforms is a valid point, 2 seconds being a long time is not.

One Mississippi
Two Mississippi

TThat's two seconds. In formula one its the difference between 1st and last in qualifying. In average typing speed, its about two words.

The app should be the same as on other platforms, this is true. But arguing over 2 seconds is pathetic. We won ww2 with delays of hours, days and weeks between messages. You can wait two seconds for a "lol".

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Not wworking as well as on other platforms is a valid point, 2 seconds being a long time is not.

One Mississippi
Two Mississippi

TThat's two seconds. In formula one its the difference between 1st and last in qualifying. In average typing speed, its about two words.

The app should be the same as on other platforms, this is true. But arguing over 2 seconds is pathetic. We won ww2 with delays of hours, days and weeks between messages. You can wait two seconds for a "lol".

It's all about perception. It isn't a long time for you. It isn't really a long time for me either. But if it feels like a long time to someone else, then it is for them.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
like seeing the comments directly under a pic n being able to download said pic. It's a pain in the *** commenting on pics to b honest n unless u have a different version than me surely u feel the same way!

Uh what? You can do that with the native People hub on Windows Phone. Hell, I do that all the time without ever even opening the Facebook app.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something or can you not upload photos to someone's wall from the FB app?

I just posted a pic on my friends wall via the old school Facebook app on WP 7.8.

When you are on their wall, the app bar at the bottom has several icons. One of them is "post." Click that, then you can write your post. Also, once in that prompt, there are different icons in the bottom app bar. One is "take photo" click that and it will prompt you to either take a photo, or add one.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Ok, so it works on friends' walls, but not groups. The director of my theatre troupe asked me to post a pic I took on the group wall and it won't let me. So, like the OP I am finding the Group functions lacking. And the browser version won't let you either.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so it works on friends' walls, but not groups. The director of my theatre troupe asked me to post a pic I took on the group wall and it won't let me. So, like the OP I am finding the Group functions lacking. And the browser version won't let you either.

If the browser version doesn't work than that is Facebook's issue. Maybe they don't have the API open for it. Was this functionality available on iOS or Android?

I can understand wanting features, but it's hard to hit every niche feature people want. Just the fact that I never open my FB app more than once a week because I can do it all through the People Hub is a huge advantage for me and many others.

I run a couple Facebook Group pages too, but I never try to manage them from my phone. I find its just best to leave that to the desktop interaction regardless or whether I "can" do it from my phone.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
As others have said, it's great that it works for you to manage it from your computer. More power to you, but that isn't really an answer to "why isn't this feature here?" I'm not trying to be confrontational, far from it. This is the first time I've tried doing something like this from my phone, so I didn't use the app much either. When you have a camera built into the device it makes sense to allow the user to be able to upload those, especially to groups.

I'll probably end up just posting the picture to the director's wall so he can share it to the group page himself, but it would have been much more convenient to be able to post it to the group's page.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe I'm tripping but u can't download a pic unless u go "show full size" n then save it. I don't understand y peepz defend MS wen there's a fault or something isn't as good on other platforms. Take tha blinkers off 4 a sec! Its not only this but I swear if they don't fix the "other" memory problem I will leave n come back wen the ecosystem matures but I really don't wanna coz I love Nokia n have always used em!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe I'm tripping but u can't download a pic unless u go "show full size" n then save it. I don't understand y peepz defend MS wen there's a fault or something isn't as good on other platforms. Take tha blinkers off 4 a sec! Its not only this but I swear if they don't fix the "other" memory problem I will leave n come back wen the ecosystem matures but I really don't wanna coz I love Nokia n have always used em!

I'm defending them because that functionality is actually BUILT INTO THE OS. Go to the People Hub, view the feed, and click on an image someone posted. The comments are directly below it. And if you hit the ellipses (3 dots), you'll get the option to save picture.

As for the other memory, that is a known bug I'm sure they will fix, hopefully with GDR2. But other OSes have bugs too, so pick which ever set of bugs you can live with. Android is a bug NIGHTMARE, and should we even bring up Apple Maps?? I mean, talking about a BUG!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss