Poll : How Much do you rate WP8 On a scale of 1-10 ?

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
7 , there is a lot to be done, but I love the overall stability. Needs a notification / toggle panel system that can be accessed at all times urgently. Also, some things are appalling. How on earth can it lack a tile for tasks out of the box?? The colors of the tiles need tweaking, and we should have the option, to have transparent tiles with a personalized background.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would say 7/10. It is fantastically smooth but still lacks a few necessary official apps. I know we have third party apps for a lot that is missing but I don't think the average consumer will research enough to figure that out. Also, Xbox music still is not that great- the interface for your music collection needs to be improved and how you buy music in the store.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
7 , there is a lot to be done, but I love the overall stability. Needs a notification / toggle panel system that can be accessed at all times urgently. Also, some things are appalling. How on earth can it lack a tile for tasks out of the box?? The colors of the tiles need tweaking, and we should have the option, to have transparent tiles with a personalized background.

amen to the personalised background brother.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
9/10. It is great for app development, I like live tiles, security is great, connection with XBOX is positive, mail synchronization with my Outlook on my laptop is great, Office is the most positive thing. But I don't like that WP8 does not have screen rotation on home screen and I also want better multitasking. For multitasking I would like to see small "x" to close any app so I don't have to click back button several times just to exist a single app.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought i would resurect this old thread as i have now had 14 months of the wp operating system.

As the months have gone by my love has shrunk and my hatred for it has increased, the main issue is the apps, or lack of. The app store never changes, its just the same old crap month after month.

I love Nokia though and really wanted to go Nokia/ android next but seeing as microsh!t has bought out Nokia that's not going to happen, sadly i think this is the end of Nokia. A sad day indeed.

Updates are rare, no separate volume controls, no flash player, crap apps, just generally a poor os, the phone hardware itself it solid though. Nokia 1, ms 0!

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
With the 8.1 dev preview this seems so new and fresh.

I can't fault the OS for not having as many apps. It's not something that will just "happen". They're needs to be slow growth until it hits a point where devs start taking notice. Then app growth will be exponential.

But honestly, it has a list all the supposed I would want. The main hole for me would be apps for some small local businesses and the lack of Flash. Flash only matters because they're aren't enough apps as an alternative to a native Flash player.

But overall the OS itself is awesome and I'm excited to see how this grows.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
7 out of 10. It's almost there. Still not able to print and the biggest bug bear of all is lack of apps and the ones we do have are substandard compared to the big 2 os'. Was about to trade my 1020 in for a 1520 but now I'm probably gonna opt for a Note 3 for now and that is based purely on apps.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Its just missing the basic, basic, basic things, Microsoft really don't care about this os as far as i can see, i don't want crap tiles on my home page, i want a picture, like a picture of my son, something that makes me happy, not white or black with solid color tiles that rarely update.

I want apps, lots of apps, decent apps, i don't mind paying for them but when i look in a news paper or see an advert they always advertise google play or ios app store, never a mention of the windows store because developers and companies don't want to pay Microsoft rates for advertising on an dying app store.

I want volume controls, i want a back and forward button on IE, really, no forward button ms? idiots!! sure i can use an alternative browser but this a basic thing.

thankfully we now have rotation lock, i had my phone 12 months before this was introduced, i want a t9 keyboard because cramming a full qwerty into a screen is too much, my man sized hands just don't work with it.

i want it to stop having random battery drains, i want it to stay cool when i play a game, i could cook a fry up on it after playing asphalt 8

i want them to remove bing, i dont like it, i wont use it, i dont want to accidentally press the farking button every time i pick the farking phone up

i want to see the time/ battery and signal levels every time i look at the screen

i want to know why my data allowance gets used even when i don't use it

its just sh1t, really really sh1t, i liked it for a short while but now its just dead to me.

i now give it absolutely jack sh!t out of 10.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett