Help needed with wifi

akhilc

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I've an internet connection on my laptop so I was trying to share it over wifi so that I can use it in my lumia 720. Creating ad hoc network didn't work since phone was not detecting it. Then I used Virtual Router software and phone was connected to the wifi. I opened the browser(IE) and at first I didn't get the internet. Then I set the same proxy (which I have to use in my laptop) in wifi. Again opened the browser and net started responding, it asked for the authentication which is also part of the proxy and network security. Once I entered that I was able to browse smoothly. Then I thought I'll download some games or apps and opened the store. And I am not getting connected there. Also I tried to login to Nokia account which is at the very bottom of settings. There also it's giving some error with connection. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestion would be great. Thank you for reading.

akhilc

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you need to change DNS settings on computer, try 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
DNS settings?? hm, i don't know net is working perfectly fine in computer without DNS. It's also working in mobile browser. Outside the browser it's just not working. I think I have to type that authentication detail somewhere. Browser is asking for the authentication hence it's working and other applications like store are not asking for anything. Inside wifi there's only space for proxy not for username and password. Are you saying I should change my DNS to that^ value? I'll give it a try. And thanks for replying

Saydulloxon

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
DNS settings?? hm, i don't know net is working perfectly fine in computer without DNS. It's also working in mobile browser. Outside the browser it's just not working. I think I have to type that authentication detail somewhere. Browser is asking for the authentication hence it's working and other applications like store are not asking for anything. Inside wifi there's only space for proxy not for username and password. Are you saying I should change my DNS to that^ value? I'll give it a try. And thanks for replying

I had same situation, but on me worked only ie and market, other applications just think that i had no internet. then i change the DNS and all it worked.
by the way 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 is Google's DNS and cant work correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss