The music app sucks. It does not remember last played track, i'ts useless when listening to books

dongdonkdong

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm very frustrated with the the way music is handled on the windows phone 8. Everything seems to be tied in to the xbox music/video app. If I play an audiobook and pause the music to watch a youtube video the music app loses the bookmark for the last played track. There is a history view in the navigation of the app but it does not remember the last played track, only the last played album. The same thing happens if I pause the audiobook and play a game.

Is there a workaround for this problem? It seems like every new music app that I install gets collected to the music/videos/games hub. I'm seriously thinking about switching back to android because this stupid problem. I really like windows phone but this is not acceptable. It's like WP8 got Alzheimer's disease.

dongdonkdong

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys. I tried all the apps you mentioned. The best one was Bard, the other 2 where really buggy and dit not work. Bard was almost perfect, I did not have to use skydrive to load the books, I could load the books straight from my phone. The only problem with Bard is that it has to continue playing a bookmarked track from the beginning, it can not continue playing a track from last played position.

Do you now any other app that is as good as Bard but can continue to play a track from any position within the track?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro