Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!

stomms

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
All these fixes seems not permanent, they work only once or twise, and after that no notifications again and if you trying them again, no use...
Last time I've get app updates notifications back by uninstalling Skype and making soft-reset, but 1 day later FB app suggested me to update it, so there were no notifications again, and there were no skype to uninstall to try it again:(...
MS should work out real permanent fix, not those, which are not really a fixes:(
BTW I do not have checkbox in "Find my phone" settings sectiuon for sendidng notifications in my Lumia 620 (bought from Germany sim free), and there is also no checkbox about automatic time and date setting...
I have GDR2 and Amber installed ("Lumia System Updater" app helps to get system apps updates), if you can not get the notifications in store tile...:unhappy:

Last edited:

pmartineau

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys Nokia care tweeted me that if you have more than 1 phone linked to the same live id.
The problem may occur
So log into windows phone store and delete the extra phone.
It will take 2-3 days but this thing actually works.
Worked for me.
I got 13 app updates today.

Wow 90 update on my store tile! :)

My 920 turn to a brick a few mounts ago. ATT gave me a new (no refurbish) 920. I did not notice I had 2 phone register to same live id. The first phone was given back to ATT.

My first phone was receiving update notification almost every day. My second phone was receiving update notification for a few weeks and stop receiving notification. I was hopping GDR2 would fix the issue...Anyway,

1. deleted one phone from my account. Be careful to delete old phone. :) In WP8 settings->about you can see the name of your phone.
  2. clear the history on IE
  3. I also uncheck and check WP8 setting->find my phone->"Send apps to my phone..."
  4. soft reset my phone (Volume down + power until the phone vibe)

I now have 90 updates on the store tile :)

I hope this will fix the problem for ever.

I wish I had try only one solution at the time to nail the good one, but I was exciting and try a few at the same time.

PS : Could this fix all the notifications and tile update problems?

Thank you all for those solution!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
That's stupid, what if I have two phones?

While removing an account as mentioned above may work in some situations, I agree it's not a true fix. There is still an issue then likely on the back end that should be addressed. File a support issue with MS on it and see what comes of it.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i was getting update notifications on the store tile up until a few days ago on my gdr3 920, all of a sudden, i didnt get any, assuming there were just no updates, but when i saw an update to whatsapp mentioned on here, and went to it manually in store, it had the update button, but i was never notified. - i also wish there was a 'my apps' section in the store, so you can see what you bought!

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, not getting notified about updated on the live tile.. been like 3 days like that, didn't noticed until I read today that days ago there was an update to SongArc and the live tile didn't notified me, neither about SongArc or any other app

stomms

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Still not geting anything on my Store tile... Tryed all fixes, what was possible to find in internet, some of them work once, and that's it... Stupid bug, MS do something!!!!

rje

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I am posting my issue here. After Amber Update, I have stopped getting App Updates. So I went to the Store and searched for WhatsApp and HERE Maps, 2 apps I knew had updates and my Store Live Tile and the app got updated with those 2 links. :amaze: I am not sure what the problem is...

rje

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
OK, I did a soft reset, (Volume Down + Power Button for 10 sec) and on restarting my Store had 28 updates waiting. I am not sure if this is going to solve the problem, I hope I dont have to keep doing the soft reset to check on Updates.

coolshoaib143

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This was the ONLY method that worked for me, of all the listed ones! You sir are awesome!

A tried a new method that worked for me:
1. Unpin store from start screen.
2. Delete IE history.
3. Soft-reset and manually set data and time.
4. Add a new keyboard(you don't need to install it) - you will see that the phone is looking for "updates" in the Update section; wait it ends.
5. Turn off and turn on the phone.
6. Pin back your store tile.

Wait at least a day and try to keep your Wi-Fi always on.

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!
It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

fjellsurfer

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Helou there! Tried about everything but nothing worked, not even for a short period. Today, suddenly without any changes in settings etc, 65 updates. Only thing what I did was to be the whole day on the road with 3G on... if that is the solution, got to do this every week. Or maybe its a miracle cure! Whatever - I'm sure to be happy.

EDIT 19-13-2013: It is still functioning And I don't have to do 3G thing. Back to normal.

Last edited:

UtterJibberish

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
OMG! After 4 weeks of this problem, I can report that I've just got 17 updates through.

Here's what I did...
  1. Unpinned Store Live Tile
  2. Cleared IE History
  3. Unticked Settings > FindMyPhone > Send apps to my phone....
  4. Unticked Settings > PhoneUpdate> Automatically download updates....
  5. Standard Powered Down
  6. Took Battery out for 2 minutes.
  7. Battery Back In
  8. Powered Up
  9. Waited until it was connected to WiFi
  10. Loaded Store
  11. BOOM! 17 Updates now downloading...
  12. Added Store Live Tile

I'm using Nokia 820 - GDR3 (yes three) and for the record, the update problem started BEFORE the GDR3 was installed.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss