Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!
It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

Thank you so, so much! This worked perfectly for me on my L720! :D

Yong Jie Yu

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

[edit 1: BTW, I had WiFi switched off during that procedure. Don't know whether that's relevant.]
[edit 2: I also had made sure recently that push notifications work again. (They had stopped working.) I did this by opening all apps at least once (some were never opened) and setting "live tiles" to "on" or "off" ("off" whereever possible). I also uninstalled some apps that I never used. After that, all live tiles worked again, except the Store.]

not working for me... when i set to 2011 before restart. after restart it will auto turn to 20/7/2013. i was very tired to try anything bt not working for mine 920. shame on ms

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's.

Nice Trick worked for me, changing date back to 2011, restarting, and then changing date back, forced app update check. 10 updates now showing up for me..

FilipStc

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
not working for me... when i set to 2011 before restart. after restart it will auto turn to 20/7/2013. i was very tired to try anything bt not working for mine 920. shame on ms
It didnt work for me same first time because i switch time and date, so next time i change time, date, and time zone (totally confuse phone) and BOOM i got updates, try few times.
Sorry for my bad english.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
App updates sometimes work on my Lumia... But not frequent.

I suggest you download the SysApp Pusher on the Store. It's an amazing app if you always want to be updated with your apps/games. 😊

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Sheer genius. Worked instantly!

I take my hat off to you! :)
I really thank the person who came up with this work around, been using for about a month now few times each week, but really wonder what's causing the problem. I wish we had a app or tool to see what is causing the conflict or blocking the notifications. It cause my battery to go spastic and start draining about 30% per hour, phone get really warm and I know then to do the calender work around. When I do wham there has been anywhere from 13 to 2 update notifications on store tile. This stinks Microsoft can do better than this, we are just temporary fixing a symptom of a bigger issue with these work around's what a crock.

These sys app pusher and other app updaters' can not get past what this glitch is either, I've tried 2 different ones. They can not find updates either, but like they said do the calender work around and your update notifications will appear on the store tile.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
yeah ...tested this method just now and it is working on my 920...6 updates . .. i hope the updates will continue to come in live tile from now on :)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
After using the work around for almost 2 months now.....Don't know what happened, I did not change a setting on anything. But for some reason I started receiving auto update notifications on my window tile Monday I've had updates every day now. Must of been a app that got updated last week causing all the problem.

Wish we had some way to find what is causing issues like this, like a event viewer or something similar.

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Open settings > find my phone > uncheck all
make sure you have a strong signal , 3g or WIFI,
restart your phone , updates will pop up on the store tile, then check all settings in find my phone.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, tried 5 times. Sigh.. I want auto updates :(
Lumia 920 Black update here

May be you try unpin store tile then clear history from internet explorer then soft reset then again delete history then pin your tile may be u got updates in 24 hours if internet is on 24 hours, if you get then at same time everyday you will get update.

If it doesn't work then go to date & change your year from 2014 to 2100"and delete temporary files from storage check on settings and you will get update same time tomorrow but internet should be on for 24 hours

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!
It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

Wow this is THE solution. got instant 12 updates after setting time to auto again (last step). This should be posted in the OP

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is THE solution. got instant 12 updates after setting time to auto again (last step). This should be posted in the OP

Like I said before I had to do this for about 2 months, and I could tell when I had several updates because my battery would drain excessively. When it started this wild drainage I would reset the time and update, make sure to disable auto update and just like you said the store tile would have a bunch of updates, I think the highest I ever had was 13.

But as I've complained how nice it would be if their was a app like a Event Viewer to see what is causing this problem. About a month ago my Store Tile started working and I never changed a setting or done anything to cause it to start working, the only thing I can surmise is a bad app was causing it, and it was corrected in a update.

MoonBL

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

[edit 1: BTW, I had WiFi switched off during that procedure. Don't know whether that's relevant.]
[edit 2: I also had made sure recently that push notifications work again. (They had stopped working.) I did this by opening all apps at least once (some were never opened) and setting "live tiles" to "on" or "off" ("off" whereever possible). I also uninstalled some apps that I never used. After that, all live tiles worked again, except the Store.]

Alright... I just joined the forum to say....

THIS TOTALLY WORKS ON MY 1520!!!

Thanks for sharing this workaround.. Really hopes MS can solve this issue..

weid1374

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The described solution used to work for me.
Now (Lumia 920, Black update) it does not anymore :(

And like mentioned before, the date skips back to 20 july 2013, 4.27...
Strange :|

Yess2000

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the exatct same problem - i've tried all the things mentioned, no result. Now I've tried seaching all my apps in store, updated them, and now I'll wait for a couple of days, to see if I'll get any new updates.. Annoying problem!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro