GDR2 is now on the way!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Should this just become the "I got it thread" ?

I'm on Verizon with the 928...I have a feeling I am going to be waiting a while...

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
My mom has a WP8 Samsung Odyssey on Verizon. Is she guaranteed the update or is it similar to Android where the update may never reach her or it reaches her months after release? Sorry, I've only used Android phones which suck with updates.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My mom has a WP8 Samsung Odyssey on Verizon. Is she guaranteed the update or is it similar to Android where the update may never reach her or it reaches her months after release? Sorry, I've only used Android phones which suck with updates.
Its technically approved by the carrier.So, you'll have to wait.

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
But is there the chance that it will be rejected by the carrier, or is there a chance that the update won't be developed for this phone.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Will the new update have the ability like the new Android update, to move apps to the SD micro memory card. That might be in GDR3 since that feature just came out recently in Android.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
But is there the chance that it will be rejected by the carrier, or is there a chance that the update won't be developed for this phone.

Theres always a chance you wont get it. however im 99.9% sure youll get it.

Will the new update have the ability like the new Android update, to move apps to the SD micro memory card. That might be in GDR3 since that feature just came out recently in Android.

No

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying that my unlocked Samsung ATIV S that I'm using on O2 has to wait for O2 to approve the update?

That's simply not the case, Samsung get the update from Microsoft, approve it and it gets pushed out to unlocked Samsung Windows Phones.

I'm not making any predictive statements, all I'm saying is what happened with the very similar 920. I was an unlocked 920 owner and watched as branded versions got updates before my sim free one. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not making any predictive statements, all I'm saying is what happened with the very similar 920. I was an unlocked 920 owner and watched as branded versions got updates before my sim free one. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I was one of the first to receive the portico update because I have an unbranded HTC 8X. And people with a branded HTC8x received the update about weeks later. So unlocked phones usually get the updates at first because it don't have to be aproved by the carriers.

Oh, and the Dutch Microsoft site also shows the information about the GDR2 update, It did already shown on the 11th like all other sites :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12