Windows Phone Office or Internet exlorer issue...

Mystame

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hiya Guys & Gals,
Having recently upgrade to a HTC 8X, I've found an issue if I'm using internet explorer I'm unable to open PDF or Office files, even though I have Adobe reader and Office installed, but can open them if I first upload files to SkyDrive...

same happens on my wife's HTC 8X

Does anyone have idea how to solve?

Thanks in advance
Mystame

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hiya Guys & Gals,
Having recently upgrade to a HTC 8X, I've found an issue if I'm using internet explorer I'm unable to open PDF or Office files, even though I have Adobe reader and Office installed, but can open them if I first upload files to SkyDrive...

same happens on my wife's HTC 8X

Does anyone have idea how to solve?

Thanks in advance
Mystame

It's possible I'm not understanding this correctly but just to clarify you download a PDF/Office doc on IE and then can't open it? But if you, somehow, put the file on Skydrive it works? Is it your own file? Can you clarify what you're doing?

Mystame

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,
If I visit a website that has a *.doc or *.pdf file I wish to download I get

"Search for app in the store"
"you need to install an app for this task. would you like to search for one in the store?

I then get...

"Sorry no apps found"

If however I upload same file to my SkyDrive from PC, I can open it on my phone....

Does that clarify?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,
If I visit a website that has a *.doc or *.pdf file I wish to download I get

"Search for app in the store"
"you need to install an app for this task. would you like to search for one in the store?

I then get...

"Sorry no apps found"

If however I upload same file to my SkyDrive from PC, I can open it on my phone....

Does that clarify?

Yes that is more clear. If it was just PDF I would suggest uninstalling and try a different app. However the Office doc is a bit more serious as that's built in software. Not sure what to do there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss