When will MSFT fix the 'other' storage issue?

mistymint

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The storage in 'other' category is getting bigger and bigger. For me, it is exceeding 5 G. I remember Joe Belfiore mentioned it long time ago and said MSFT was fixing the issue.
However, why there is no single news afterwards regarding the issue?

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well first of all you won't be able to know for sure until gdr 2 gets here if you have a Nokia phone then you might not have a problem.

The question is has anyone experienced this problem on the 925 if so then you will just have to wait for Microsoft X_X

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I think in GDR3 (late this year) or in Windows Phone 8.1 (2014) but I hope in GDR2. But since the 925 already has this software and there is no 'clean' button or whatsoever it isn't really fixed in GDR2. But app developers also have to adjust their apps so it won't take up much space or at least add an option which can delete history files (the wpcentral app has that option in fact).

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think in GDR3 (late this year) or in Windows Phone 8.1 (2014) but I hope in GDR2. But since the 925 already has this software and there is no 'clean' button or whatsoever it isn't really fixed in GDR2. But app developers also have to adjust their apps so it won't take up much space or at least add an option which can delete history files (the wpcentral app has that option in fact).

Other storage always meant to be cleared by itself automatically, it's not cleaning by itself, which is the problem so hope fix is in the GDR 2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Other storage always meant to be cleared by itself automatically, it's not cleaning by itself, which is the problem so hope fix is in the GDR 2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeas that's true. I hope too it is somewhat fixed in GDR2. I really hope the update is coming next week!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well first of all you won't be able to know for sure until gdr 2 gets here if you have a Nokia phone then you might not have a problem.

The question is has anyone experienced this problem on the 925 if so then you will just have to wait for Microsoft X_X

Other is a general OS problem. No one knows when a fix is coming. That simple. We have had a million threads about this.

mistymint

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Same here. In fact, I am feeling tired of the whole thing. It has been 7 month since MSFT update its system. Also, GDR2, without Amber from NOKIA, seems very limited and unattractive. The features we want like notification centre, gravity lock, VPN, still not available.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
VPN will be coming in the enterprise package MSFT talked about and it will be in GDR3 which is coming in November or December.

Anbztht

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
this thing bothers me, no fix in long time... but i still want to buy a 820... must... resist ... getting .... an android..

Last edited:

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. In fact, I am feeling tired of the whole thing. It has been 7 month since MSFT update its system. Also, GDR2, without Amber from NOKIA, seems very limited and unattractive. The features we want like notification centre, gravity lock, VPN, still not available.

I am also sick of it. Little thing like a screen rotation lock is still missing! Come on Microsoft? Is it that hard?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... If I remember correctly, Joe said on Twitter that the Other storage is being worked on and will be fixed on the next update. Sorry guys, don't have a source (it was quite some time ago), my memory ain't the best. :)

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
mine stays at 1.1g though, it never increased beyond this. so not really a problem for me... i wonder what causes the other storage keeps increasing though...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... If I remember correctly, Joe said on Twitter that the Other storage is being worked on and will be fixed on the next update. Sorry guys, don't have a source (it was quite some time ago), my memory ain't the best. :)
Yeah he did. I sent him an angry tweet.

I think I'll do so again just to see if it's done

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah he did. I sent him an angry tweet.

I think I'll do so again just to see if it's done

yeah you keep at him. I'm 100% sure that he is totally and completely responsible for the storage issue and is personally heading the team to fix it.

Its imperative that you show your disdain for the situation by personally attacking him and or calling him names.

Show them you wont take this lying down!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah you keep at him. I'm 100% sure that he is totally and completely responsible for the storage issue and is personally heading the team to fix it.

Its imperative that you show your disdain for the situation by personally attacking him and or calling him names.

Show them you wont take this lying down!

lol

Ashfaq Gazi

May 14, 2013
Visit site
others in wp is not a problem tha can be solved easily . . . simply hard reset and you back of track again . . . lolz what a fools we wp users r for msft . i use 820 n i had to do hard reset twice in 6 months .
i have lost all my anger n got used to it so ppl u also b . cz msft also cant do anythng of others . n thats the fact .

staceyeileen

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So does this other storage bug affect everyone eventually? I've had my Lumia 521 for about a month, and my other storage is at 650MB. I haven't noticed it increasing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)