"Other" storage getting out of control.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The Other Storage is a "side effect" in the OS. MS has to release a fix, but it appears it is difficilt as it is a function of the OS that is not operating correctly. The post didn't sound too hopeful. This was posted (trying to find it) by Daniel as a commet in one of the news articles recently.

Edit - Found the comment (hope it's okay I quoted) http://www.windowscentral.com/huawei-also-working-clear-memory-application-windows-phone

"According to Microsoft, it's not really a bug but a side effect of album art, skydrive files, video, etc. for their "cloud" services. Be as that may, it's obviously not designed very well, imo, as even I've lost 2.7 GB on my Lumia 720 which is killer on an 8GB device.
What's worse, there seems to be no way to undo it, even if you remove everything. Only a hard reset fixes it. Hopefully MS will address this but it's not a simple bug to patch but rather part of the way the OS works."

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
My other storage has reached the 20GB milestone yet again, so looks like im gonna have to go threw the painful hard reset and spend days trying to get the gears screen working by repeatedly resetting it....Again. Does anyone know of an easier way... I guess once I reset I should never take a picture on my phone because of the glitch that it saves an extra picture in your other storage...but its such a shame having such a nice camera.. Theres got to be a better way, please tell me this fix is included in the "other improvements" in GDR2 so I can actually use my Lumia 920 for pictures.
I take a lot of pictures with my 920 but I turn off auto-upload and just move them to my skydrive folder when i connect to PC. My Other Storage is at 3.5-4.0GB right now and has not grown significantly. I can't find any other way to get rid of it too though....
I hope you have auto-upload turned off first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon