Facebook integration no longer working

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I love the facebook integration, even if it is a bit buggey, I love getting fb messages in the same threads as txts. But I now have an issue, it seems the entire thing has just dropped all of a sudden. I can't switch to facebook chat, I can't send a facebook message without going to facebook and the option to message people via facebook in 'people' is gone. I've restarted my phone and reconnected it to facebook.

What's the dealio?

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Only been on WP8 a few days so no idea what's gone wrong. It does seem to be working on my phone so it sounds like something in your settings is messed up. As I say I'm not really knowledgeable enough to say what to do though.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
@Fishtoast you are not the only one. Based on what region/country you're in(I mean the SIM) it connects to the MS servers which pushes the notification and msgs for fb chat. It doesn't work for you or me or for other people simply because MS won't admit is their issue. They had investigated and draw the conclusion that their service is working fine and that is FB fault(bull****).
Now a large mass of people don't have the fb chat anymore, this issues persists for over a month. This is very unfortunate!

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty, got it working. It would seem that for some reason it set my hat status to offline, which prevented my from doing anything. I set it back to online and it works again, though it still has a few issues with the push stuff, as mentioned above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven