Recommendation for File Manager

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there any good file manager for WP8 that is free? What I want from File Manager is to have an option to create folders, delete them, copy them to another folder, copy files under some folder. Also I would like to see for free to have an option to do the same things but on Skydrive. Any suggestion?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

You cannot access the file system in windows phone. There are no apps for it available, you will have to manage stuff in the cloud

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I already have File Manager application that can access Downloads, Pictures and Songs folders. Also I have the option to create a new folder within them. Also I can copy-paste files into other folders. Since that application can managed that, it is possible to have those applications in the store. But the problem is that the application I am using is just a trial version. I want to find a free one. If there is no free one, I will have to create my own application.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If there is no free one, I will have to create my own application.
The most expensive "file manager" app that I found is priced at $4.99. If you want to write such an app as a learning exercise, I commend you. If you are writing it to save $5, I suggest that you reconsider the economics of the situation. Developing such an app -- at least one that will work reliably -- will take far more time that you might think. Your time would have to be nearly worthless to put the project costs at less than $5.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't worry about my skills for developing a quality solution. I want to create a new one because I am not satisified with one I have. And besides, it is very fun to code for WP devices.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Question. I am not a developer but i have adeveloper typ question in reference to this. Is it possible to find a way to mimick windows 7 and have a gui for it. I understand there is no access to the file system BUT windows 7 can actually access a small part of it. It can even be customized to look pretty with the hub ie: the photos hub with the different albums. Is that too difficult to do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos