VLC player on its way.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Everything I am reading doesn't point to any specific frame of time for WP8 support besides "after Windows 8 metro app." I bet it is still a ways away.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
since google blocked vlc player availability in us market, I don't think Microsoft will do anything different. so, it will mean nothing to me personally. I do like it but just don't believe it will ever appear in either win 8 or wp8 store in us.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
since google blocked vlc player availability in us market, I don't think Microsoft will do anything different. so, it will mean nothing to me personally. I do like it but just don't believe it will ever appear in either win 8 or wp8 store in us.

What ?? Google blocked VLC in US market ?? Why ??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've linked to the update page multiple times on these forums. Search for VLC kickstarter update in search engine (google, bing) and you should fine the latest updates.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What ?? Google blocked VLC in US market ?? Why ??

Because VLC does not pay royalty/license fee for various codecs it supports. Its main website is conveniently located in France where such royalty/license fee is not required. I'm fine with Google blocking it because you can download android app directly from VLC web site and side loading is easy. But such option is not available on WP.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Since MS were actively encouraging the VLC people to get a W8/WP8 app together and donated funds to that end, why would they block it upon release? Sounds like nonsense to me. Source?

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Another "coming-soon" app that will never materialise in the Windows Phone app store. Together with Vine, Path, Dropbox and many more....

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Because VLC does not pay royalty/license fee for various codecs it supports. Its main website is conveniently located in France where such royalty/license fee is not required. I'm fine with Google blocking it because you can download android app directly from VLC web site and side loading is easy. But such option is not available on WP.

As far as MS doesn't block VLC in other markets, I'm fine, let VLC team release the app 1st......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Another "coming-soon" app that will never materialise in the Windows Phone app store. Together with Vine, Path, Dropbox and many more....

do you even read their updates? They have a team of people (volunteers mind you) who donate most of their time to getting these apps ready for the store. On top of that, they are so committed to this that they've updated their entire framework (with 8 million lines of code) and straight up invented new ways to use open source software on Windows and Windows Phone, which is something that even the engineers at Microsoft said was not possible. So yes, its coming soon and will be ASAP.

I suggest we all email them at videolan@videolan.org

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon