Am I the only one who doesnt like Bing Search?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Forget the autocomplete. Leaving that aside, the point is the relevance of results generated, on which you have been proven wrong, in the process demonstrating that you really haven't bothered even reading posts. And an "ambassador" at that. Sheesh.

Autocomplete is where you come in with how great google search is. I still think it laughable. But I also said if their autocomplete is what you consider a great advance, I got no problem with it. That wasn't enough for you. Then you went off on some tear like I was doing your research and I was not. Only pointing out the greater detail in Bing results with examples and you, like I said, auto missed it then made this personal.
I'll say it again, I don't care what search engine you use, Bing is better. You like google's auto complete. I'm cool with that.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Autocomplete is where you come in with how great google search is. I still think it laughable. But I also said if their autocomplete is what you consider a great advance, I got no problem with it. That wasn't enough for you. Then you went off on some tear like I was doing your research and I was not. Only pointing out the greater detail in Bing results with examples and you, like I said, auto missed it then made this personal.
I'll say it again, I don't care what search engine you use, Bing is better. You like google's auto complete. I'm cool with that.

Autocomplete was one feature which I found lacking. After that, you conveniently ignored the fact that Bing provided completely irrelevant results, which I also proved with examples. Then you spat out some mindless, illogical and incoherent drivel.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You are able to remap the search button to google! And this is how; in your system settings go to language, at the bottom change your browser and search settings to Russian, restart phone and that will do the trick for you! At least last time I checked, I was using it like that for a while and because you're phones default language is English it just takes you to English google anyways, or you might have had to go to the setting on the google page for that, one or the other :)

falsedichotomies

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You are able to remap the search button to google! And this is how; in your system settings go to language, at the bottom change your browser and search settings to Russian, restart phone and that will do the trick for you! At least last time I checked, I was using it like that for a while and because you're phones default language is English it just takes you to English google anyways, or you might have had to go to the setting on the google page for that, one or the other :)

Holy crap. That actually works. Have to click google.com in English every time I go there though.

Edit: Yeah, settings in google page takes care of the problem. If you delete your browser history (which also erases cookies, tmp files, etc.) it switches back to Russian though.

Last edited:

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Google obviously is much much better than bing. The main aim of search engines is to give results for what we're looking for and not pretty presentation. Bing is nowhere near to Google in terms of search capacities which makes me want to change the search button provider to Google instead of bing (Which is not possible). That's the reason why search button on my phone still looks brand new.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Google obviously is much much better than bing. The main aim of search engines is to give results for what we're looking for and not pretty presentation. Bing is nowhere near to Google in terms of search capacities which makes me want to change the search button provider to Google instead of bing (Which is not possible). That's the reason why search button on my phone still looks brand new.

Well OB-viously it is MUCH better.

I personally find whatever I'm looking for using either search engine. There's no obviously and no much better involved.

What is obvious is that you much prefer Google, and that's fine.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
bing sucks outside united states. I can't narrow my search results by time on Brazil. Really sucks. Poor results, comparing google. MS could improve bing, because Beta in many countries is a true proof of poor job around Bing.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've come to like using Bing, but gotta say, I still use Google if I had a choice, although I hate their tactics these days.

2 extra apps for you if you want to use Google search: MetroG and Unify, especially the latter one, it searches your whole phone and has search engines too

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
First, I love the new Bing logo and homepage redesign. I ran 100 simulations on the Bing It On Challenge and found Bing to be better. It wasn't a blowout, by any means, as they're both very competent search engines, but there was a significant number of times where Bing provided more accurate results.

Even if it were a wash, though, I prefer Bing for a plethora of other reasons:
1. Bing Rewards is amazing. Since March I've already accumulated like $40 in gift cards. Not bad for doing what I was already doing (searching the 'Net). I hear it's not outside the U.S., but I also hear you can change your region to the U.S. and get points that way.
2. Aesthetics are better: I love the Bing homepage, with it's great pictures and informative pop-up bubbles. Google's page is boring.
3. Google's instant search: I loathe it. It makes searching for things more difficult as it won't let you finish a thought without distracting you
4. Social integration: I love the side results for Facebook and Twitter. Many times it leads me to what I want better than the actual results on the left do
5. Video preview: I love not having to click through to watch videos.
6. Bing translator: this app for Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT is amazing, particularly the instant camera translation.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I try to use Bing whenever possible but when I need some real results I have to go to Google. Bing just doesn't give the right results and Google always comes up with what I need.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The title should be "Am I the only one who doesnt like Bing Search IN THE US?" because outside of the US, Bing is complete bollocks and no one likes it.

And for those who yearn for WP8 Google, change the search provider in the Advanced settings in your browser - job done.
MNBwp_ss_20121121_0004.jpg

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Bing here. I use Google at work and I will use Google if I can't find something with Bing, but I don't really ever have to do that.

A couple people in this thread sound like my roommate (he has a WP7).

"Bing sucks", so I ask why he thinks that. "um, ah, hmmm, it just does! Everyone says that! I heard Bing copies Google results!". So I tell him it should be just as good then. He got mad one time and sent me a link that showed search results for 'men' on both. They were similar in results but he said Google is better because Bing had some result about homosexuals.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Bing is now my primary search engine.

I did rely on google until recently. But Bing has been improving at a rapid pace. It's actually BETTER now.

But I will use google once in a while when I need to narrow my search by date published. With Bing, I sometimes don't have that option. But sometimes I do. Strange.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I do a lot of online price comparisons for the work I do in the MRO field for a large industrial company and I find Bing to be a better search engine. Occasionally, there are searches when google beats Bing (I do identical searches on both from time to time to compare and open up more options), but the vast majority of Bing searches beat google. PLUS, I get points that I add to my Microsoft account or for use in the windows phone store. WHAT OTHER SEARCH ENGINE GIVES YOU MONEY FOR SEARCHING???

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre