Do I have to do anything when after powering up, the phone says SD card problem?

internalaudit

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 520, where I stored all my HERE Drive maps, I always encounter this message when powering up:

SD card problem

There may be something wrong with this SD card.
Insert it into a computer to try to fix it.

So far, the phone can read the saved maps when in offline mode. This message started popping up when I first downloaded maps to the SD card. It's a 16 GB Lexar, that hasn't been used much and I when first inserted it into the phone with NTFS fast format, I was prompted to re-format it to something Windows 8 can use.

What kind of things should I be running on the computer. The one time I connected the phone to my computer to copy a XAP file for HERE Drive, I didn't even see directories, but just two "devices".

Many thanks in advance.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for digging this issue up, I used to store many photos and video clips in my micro SD card, today I received this message when restarting my ATIV S, I went into photos and check it out, I discovered that it was running some sort of updating process, but it only ran for couple seconds. As I entered the albums to take a clear look, it seemed that all my photos are still there, like nothing happened. And I also went to music+video to check out my video clips, they are also there, I can playback each of them with no problem.

I know this might not affect ordinary use of phone, and I rarely restart, or shutdown the phone, but later I turned off and turn on the phone couple times, this message keeps showing up, I thought this message would go away but it didn't. Is there any way to solve this issue?

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for digging this issue up, I used to store many photos and video clips in my micro SD card, today I received this message when restarting my ATIV S, I went into photos and check it out, I discovered that it was running some sort of updating process, but it only ran for couple seconds. As I entered the albums to take a clear look, it seemed that all my photos are still there, like nothing happened. And I also went to music+video to check out my video clips, they are also there, I can playback each of them with no problem.

I know this might not affect ordinary use of phone, and I rarely restart, or shutdown the phone, but later I turned off and turn on the phone couple times, this message keeps showing up, I thought this message would go away but it didn't. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Okay, I think I just solved this problem. I turned off the phone, removed the SD card and inserted into my PC, and my PC did display a message requesting me to do a disk error check, so I let it run the check. After the check completed, my PC returned me the result, there's nothing wrong with my SD card. I put the SD card back into my phone, turned it on, and this time no more SD card problem message show up again.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
& here i am digging it up yet again... i got the same problem after getting the latest whatsapp update where i can view & access all my files on the phone.. but an error msg pops up whenever i try to copy files onto the card !!

The error msg goes something like this - The device has either stopped responding or has disconnected & shows 2 options :
  1. Stop Copying
  2. Skip this file

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss