Removing unread voicemail notifications

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A very simple issue here, I have a few unheard voice mail messages (which I am sure are devoid of content) and since I have to pay a fee to hear the voicemail I would rather just erase the "new voicemail" notification without hearing them, is there a way to do that?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Does your carrier support visual voicemail?

Go to Settings, Applications, Phone, Visual voicemail = on

Saves your voice minutes for checking voicemail, and you can replay or delete them quickly.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
On my phone I just scroll to the voicemail screen and then back out of the phone app. This does require visual voice mail however.

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. It seems like I have no visual voicemail so I guess I will deal with the annoying voicemail notifications for a while... :/

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Most voice mail can be accessed by dialing into your mobile number from any phone such as a land line. This way you can clear your voice mail from your work phone etc., typically you dial your mobile number wait for your greeting and then hit some key or a few keys, then your password and then you know the rest.... Call your operator and ask..I'm sure after several auto-attendants and a few transfers you will get the information.

soumdash

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I use Lumia 620. I have got that annoying voicemail notification on my phone tile and am unable to access it. My service provider doesnt give us any voicemail facility. Hence, suggestions as leaving a voicemail and then deleting it wont work for me. Please suggest any other alternative.
PS: My service prover doesnt have voicemail facility, so manually leaving voicemail and then deleting it to make the annoying notification go away, wont work.

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got a brand new Lumia 1520 and it has been affected by the annoying Voicemail notification. I got it on my Lumia 920 & 1020 as well. The only solution to the problem is doing a hard reset or replace the SIM Card. Microsoft need to fix this. BTW, I have purposely asked my operator to stop my voicemail service so it has nothing to do with voicemail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)