Instagram changed API? Broke uploading on WP?

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to upload a pic to instagram in a few days now, not with Instance and not with Metrogram/Instagraph. Is it just me or is something broken?

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to post a question all this time. I left out the ? and finally it went through.
Doesn't Instance support ?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
agreed. The dev support for Instance has been horrendous. I regret paying for an app that gets zero support to be quite honest.
Agreed. I brought the app simply to support the guy since he was the first full featured client for windows phone but the app is buggy. I have to actually tap the pic to view comments. Beforehand I had to tap comments and it would take me there. I have to hit like multiple times for it to work properly.

Not to mention the instability of it all and it's laggy at all. Personally I can't wait for Rudy's app

Castor Troy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I brought the app simply to support the guy since he was the first full featured client for windows phone but the app is buggy. I have to actually tap the pic to view comments. Beforehand I had to tap comments and it would take me there. I have to hit like multiple times for it to work properly.

Not to mention the instability of it all and it's laggy at all. Personally I can't wait for Rudy's app
I'm hedging my bet that Rudy will have a FULL WORKING client (video and all) long before Instance is updated and he just started on it this weekend.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Instance dev is working on an update, I saw him mentioning on twitter that Rudys work on an IG app has put some fire under his ***. I bet there will be an update pretty soon.

I agree that when the upload hangs in Instance it seems to be something wrong in the text and tags, some characters is messing when submitting and it just stands there "uploading". I had some " and ? In the caption, after a few days of trying I shortened the text and removed the ? and suddenly it uploaded. I believe I tried the same caption in Metrogram Instagraph and it also hang.

Following Rudy on twitter is blowing my mind, that dude is cracking the IG features one by one in crazy speed. He's a genius. Looking forward to his app.

That said I don't mind supporting the Instance and Instagraph devs, the more the merrier!

Last edited:

Cory Kincaid

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here in that it was caused by a caption with a series of special characters, specifically exactly as follows including quotes: "Run man! Run!"? I removed the quotes and it worked. Unsure if it was those and/or the fact there was also a question mark etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12