Recommendations on Win 8 phone

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Can you recommend an unlocked Win 8 phone for me? I'd like the cheapest phone that can do the following:

1. Miracast
2. use the Nokia here drive plus (or something like that) app so phone will beep when I drive over the speed limit
3. basic internet surfing

I don't care about camera quality or anything else, just the above.

Thanks.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you will be fine with a 520, a pretty solid phone. Your demands are pretty low, so why spend so much money :) The 520 does HERE Drive+ and basic internet surfing. I dont know much about using Miracast, but if it's done with an app, it is more than likely that the 520 can handle it.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I think you will be fine with a 520, a pretty solid phone. Your demands are pretty low, so why spend so much money :) The 520 does HERE Drive+ and basic internet surfing. I dont know much about using Miracast, but if it's done with an app, it is more than likely that the 520 can handle it.

Well said Sueha, but I have to say that Lumia 520 doesn't have Nokia Drive+. It does have Nokia Drive. :) The difference is that Nokia Drive includes navigation only for one country/region (SIM Card Origin Country/region) Sadly, I have to say that Windows Phone doesn't support Miracast at the moment (as I know, though I'm not sure about that) However, I highly recommend you buying L520, it's cheap and adorable as other WP8 devices. Just few limitations due to worst parts (less amount of RAM, weaker processor), but you said it doesn't bother you. :)

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Well said Sueha, but I have to say that Lumia 520 doesn't have Nokia Drive+. It does have Nokia Drive. :) The difference is that Nokia Drive includes navigation only for one country/region (SIM Card Origin Country/region) Sadly, I have to say that Windows Phone doesn't support Miracast at the moment (as I know, though I'm not sure about that) However, I highly recommend you buying L520, it's cheap and adorable as other WP8 devices. Just few limitations due to worst parts (less amount of RAM, weaker processor), but you said it doesn't bother you. :)

Oh, I forgot. Thank you. If you really need the Drive+, you might look at a 620 which is pretty cheap in many countries (almost as cheap as the 520). It's a matter of taste :)

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you recommend an unlocked Win 8 phone for me? I'd like the cheapest phone that can do the following:

1. Miracast
2. use the Nokia here drive plus (or something like that) app so phone will beep when I drive over the speed limit
3. basic internet surfing

I don't care about camera quality or anything else, just the above.

Thanks.

There is not Miracast support in WP8.

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Sad there's no miracast.

I think the speed alert may only work on the drive+ app though not sure. At any rate, I travel a lot so will get the 620.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos